shape
carat
color
clarity

Our Internet Servers were Attacked :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Pricescope hasn't been accesable yesterday and this is what I've got from my hosting provider:-----
This notification is to inform you that several upstream providers including our provider Bell Nexxia, as well as ATT and Telus systems are currently undergoing attacks by hackers, which include the networks operated by Elosoft. These attacks are based in China. The form of attack is DOS or denial of service. As our servers are protected from actual infiltration, our routers are being sent vast volumes of bogus requests, with random generated or 0000 IP return addresses.This is causing our servers to slow down and in many cases jam up and reboot. This causes our hosted Web Sites to be be very slow, or off-line for the re-boot.Our staff are working with Bell Nexxia, Microsoft, and the police to counter this action, and identify the perpetrators. We will advise of further information ASAP.Service slowdowns are anticipated today, and Bell Nexxia is not able at this time to predict how long before the senders are located and blocked. Again we will advise as we have more information.

rachel

Rough_Rock
At least its working nowThanks for the info Leonid
smile.gif

rachel

Rough_Rock
Wow it looks like it could be a big problem.Sorry if I made light of it before
smile.gif
Rachel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results