shape
carat
color
clarity

Our engagement ring :)

fighton49er

Rough_Rock
I've lurked for many years and learned a lot about diamonds over the years from you all. I'm excited to be able to share with you my new engagement ring from Brian Gavin! It's a 1.76 AGS Triple 0 I/SI1 in a size 8 Tiffany style knife edge platinum band. It is amazing beautiful, we can't stop looking at it! Everywhere I go I get comments on my ring. The only thing I was surprised by was how quickly the bottom of knife edge rings become worn down. I've had the ring for three weeks and it already feels quite smooth. I'll probably have to have it polished once or twice a year to retain the tapered look.

We've picked out matching platinum Lucida bands, mine is 4mm with three stones set into the band, his is 6mm with one stone. My solitaire looks great with the band without being too matchy-matchy, although I will probably wear my engagement ring on my right hand most of the time. I'm already eyeing two thin diamond eternity bands to flank my engagement ring when I wear it on my right hand.... :devil: I love the look of a plain wedding band on its own, but I want some options too. Luckily my fiance is very supportive of my jewelry habit!

Here are pro shots:

BrianGavin_MMKnife2b_042811.jpg

BrianGavin_MMKnife4b_042811.jpg

fighton49er

Rough_Rock
Here's some hand shots. I thought it would be nice to get some real life perspective of what a 1.76 looks on a size 7.5/8 finger. My fingers tend to swell so I got my ring in a size 8 so it will feel more comfortable. I hate the look of a too-tight ring.

MMSS2.jpeg

MMSSring1.jpeg

fighton49er

Rough_Rock
I got my fiance a "man-gagement" ring as well. I thought it was a nice symbol of our relationship that he could wear, since he wasn't interested in a TV or watch for an engagement present.

Thanks for looking!

MMSS3.jpeg

peachesncream

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!!! It's gorgeous!! I'm loving all the ring pics in pricescope! Congrats!!!! :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
it's beautiful!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh, it looks gorgeous on you! So elegant and classy!!

I like your fiance's ring as well...congrats!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Congratulation!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks really beautiful on you!! And I love your FI's ring too, what a nice design!

ariadne28

Rough_Rock
My favourite setting! Absolutely stunning! More pics please :)

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:appl: Classic!!!!! :appl:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
very beautiful and classic~~ :appl:

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
So classic and lovely! Congrats!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Love your ring!

fighton49er

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the sweet comments everyone! I'll see if my fiance can take some more pictures....he's the camera pro in the family.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both rings are just beautiful - I love your classic ering! The stone is very pretty and looks beautiful on your hand!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both of your rings are lovely.

Irishsparkles

Rough_Rock
I love your ring. So classic and beautiful! What kind of band will you be wearing with it? We definitely need more pictures! :love:

Irishsparkles

Rough_Rock
Ooh sorry! just noticed that you already talked about wedding bands in your first post. :oops:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results