shape
carat
color
clarity

Our Elopement Story & Pro Pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 12:27:51 PM
Author: claudinam

Date: 10/15/2008 11:24:34 PM
Author: mia1181
Aww Claudinam, if you lived nearby we''d definitely have you over! Oliver loves hugs and will take them from anyone who is offering! He really is such a sweet doggy. Everyday when we are taking him to go potty, if someone walks down the street past us, he starts whimpering at them. Most people don''t notice and just keep on walking but poor Oliver is so sad like ''hey, you... why are not coming to pet me?'' He doesn''t quite understand that every person is not for him. Ya know?

Anyway, I''ll put a new video of him on youtube when we get the wheelchair.

Haha you saw the honeymoon too huh? Yeah that song is so sweet. For some reason it popped into my head during the honeymoon, so I knew I was going to use it for our little video montage. We are away from all of our familiy and friends and I didn''t want to wait until Christmas to share it with them so I threw the montage together as soon as we got back.
hahahahah what a cutie. For some reason I could totally see myself saying, ''hey lady don''t you notice the cute dog? He wants your attention!''

Can you please let us know when you post the wheelchair video?
Okay to be completely honest there are times where someone walks right by him and ignores him and I think "you jerk!" Not that I expect everyone to be an animal lover or pay attention to MY dog, but come on he is really cute!

Ugh tomorrow we get him measured. The vet seemed really clueless about it though so I hope it goes well! After that it is 3 days to build it and 3-7 days for delivery. I just can''t wait I am soo excited! But yes I will definitely post about it.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 12:48:29 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
I''m just glad you and your husband are people who are willing to take care of whatever comes your way with your dog. Many people don''t care. So even if you didn''t deliberately get into what you''re in now, kudos to you for being willing and understanding and taking such great care of him. I think he''ll do great with the wheelchair - I just watched some of the videos that come up after yours, linked to it because of the theme of dogs and wheelchairs. It just makes the dogs look so much happier and they learn it means time for walks and going outside. I think he''ll do great, and you seem like great enough people to have the patience to help him. Very heartwarming.
1.gif
And we''ll watch for the wheelchair video!

Congrats again on being married!
Aw thanks! Maybe it''s just me, but I am really optimistic that he will take to the wheelchair right away.... we''ll see!

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 5:49:52 PM

UGH! ABSOLUTELY NOT! Why don''t you go out and get your own dress, that one is MINE! Just Kidding!!!!
12.gif

Awww yes that is the highest form of flattery! I am so thrilled that someone liked my dress so much to want to wear it themselves.

Heck, I ''d give you mine to wear but I sorta got rust all over it because I left it wet in a garbage bag while we went on our honeymoon and the clasps rusted.
23.gif

Oh you just reminded me I have to pick it up from the cleaners.... I took it there to see if they could get the rust out. They were doubtful, but I asked them to try anyway because I am wearing it for halloween (I''m going to be an angel!). Oh well if they can''t fix it I am going to use white paint. Horrible, I know.
38.gif
Hahaha...funny
9.gif
. THANK YOU though.

Well I hope your dress comes out clean.
Hey, one other question....was yours Ivory or White? they don''t show both on DB and I was thinking I might like Ivory as long as it wasn''t too yellow.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I don''t think there was a choice between Ivory or White when I ordered mine. But I am pretty sure mine is white. I do think ivory would look pretty though.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 5:57:06 PM
Date: 10/17/2008 12:48:29 PM

Author: luvthemstrawberries

I''m just glad you and your husband are people who are willing to take care of whatever comes your way with your dog. Many people don''t care. So even if you didn''t deliberately get into what you''re in now, kudos to you for being willing and understanding and taking such great care of him. I think he''ll do great with the wheelchair - I just watched some of the videos that come up after yours, linked to it because of the theme of dogs and wheelchairs. It just makes the dogs look so much happier and they learn it means time for walks and going outside. I think he''ll do great, and you seem like great enough people to have the patience to help him. Very heartwarming.
1.gif
And we''ll watch for the wheelchair video!

Congrats again on being married!

Aw thanks! Maybe it''s just me, but I am really optimistic that he will take to the wheelchair right away.... we''ll see!

I bet he will, he seems like such a sweetie! I
30.gif
animals.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 5:53:24 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Just saw the honeymoon video, love it!! You two are so adorable!
1.gif
AW thanks! I thought about posting a thread about it but it doesn''t seem like anyone posts about their honeymoon. It was good place to go for a honeymoon and we had a good time!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 6:13:04 PM
Date: 10/17/2008 5:53:24 PM

Author: SarahLovesJS

Just saw the honeymoon video, love it!! You two are so adorable!
1.gif
AW thanks! I thought about posting a thread about it but it doesn''t seem like anyone posts about their honeymoon. It was good place to go for a honeymoon and we had a good time!

Huh..you know..I hadn''t thought about that! I think people do in Hangout sometimes I''ve seen some on Hawaii honeymoons and Greece I believe, but come to think of it not many people post it over here in BWW. I guess they abandon us. *sniff* Haha, just kidding. But I am sure people would love to see it if you want to make a thread!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Mia - Your pictures are beautiful and really evoked strong emotion in me. You, your hubby and your surroundings were perfectly matched. This just goes to prove that eloping is what you make it - you can''t get much more elegant than you guys. Your pictures are so impressive and I can just imagine how you will cherish them. You have made a great memory.
Congrats!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
I love all your photos! I am a beach girl so the beach photos really get me. The dark sand against the white dress-lovely. Swoon! Like a beautiful mermaid washed ashore!

Mrs.2Artists

l0v3lif3

Rough_Rock
Mia, I just read the thread about you and your sister, and had to come see your pics. They are stunning, and you both look gorgeous. I had no idea the SF city Hall was so photogenic. My local city hall looks like it could easily double as the DMV.

Off topic- I heard someone say recently, "with all the blessings in your life, you can afford to be graceous," and I was reminded of it when I read your other thread. It looks like you talked and resolved it, but it''s likely to come up again in some form, and that advice helped me through a difficult personal relationship.

Back on topic: Best Wishes to you and your DH!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Mia,

Just wondering if you got the wheelchair yet...

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Hey thanks for checking in claudinam... nope not yet
38.gif

They said I probably will get it on the 28th, but I''m getting a little nervous that I haven''t recieved tracking information yet... They said 4 days to built it and that was Saturday night. So hopefully that means it was built last night, but maybe they meant business days?
33.gif

I just want it sooo bad. Yesterday I was watching him run around the house and I was thinking "gee maybe it''s a little early for a wheelchair..." But then I took him outside and he kept trying to go on the pavement and go for a walk. I have to keep him on the grass so his feet won''t bleed but he has other ideas
8.gif
. Then I realized it has been over a year since he has gone on a real walk! That is just crazy and well, completely unacceptable! I mean he''s a dog and dog''s go on walks!

So yeah it''s hard to wait!
1.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK - I hope you get it on the 28th, that''s only a few days from now...

And have a great weekend!
1.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Yes please let us know about the wheelchair when you get it- I''m very excited to hear how he takes to it!
1.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic! Love every bit of it!
30.gif

a.Lei

Rough_Rock
Wow what a great choice of setting with city hall. I really have to say, you''ve inspired me to elope as well. Like you, I wanted the dream wedding with the fancy reception and all my friends and family, but I really can''t see myself spending my savings on just one day. This is proof that your special day with just the two of you blew away a 100k wedding. Awesome, I love it and congratulations to you two! (btw I LOVE you guys getting wet and sandy at the beach
28.gif
)

tabu

Shiny_Rock
These are amazing pictures! I love how it was just the two of you... very intimate and special. Your dress was gorgeous! My favorite pics are the ones of you two in the ocean and sand. Congrats!
1.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 2:09:19 AM
Author: trillionaire
Fantastic! Love every bit of it!
30.gif
Aw thanks! Hard to believe it was only 2 months ago! I wish I could go back and do it again!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 4:10:06 AM
Author: a.Lei
Wow what a great choice of setting with city hall. I really have to say, you''ve inspired me to elope as well. Like you, I wanted the dream wedding with the fancy reception and all my friends and family, but I really can''t see myself spending my savings on just one day. This is proof that your special day with just the two of you blew away a 100k wedding. Awesome, I love it and congratulations to you two! (btw I LOVE you guys getting wet and sandy at the beach
28.gif
)
Hi there
35.gif
Only elope if you are sure you won''t regret it. But I have to say I got exactly what I wanted and I am so pleased with how it turned out. I wanted to have something really nice beautiful. I knew I couldn''t afford something nice and beautiful for 100 or so of my closest and not-so-close friends and family, but I could afford something very beautiful and special for just the two of us. There are a lot of things we could have done between the extremes of a huge party and just the two of us, but for us it just felt right to do it alone.
1.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 3:17:22 PM
Author: tabu
These are amazing pictures! I love how it was just the two of you... very intimate and special. Your dress was gorgeous! My favorite pics are the ones of you two in the ocean and sand. Congrats!
1.gif
Thanks tabu, I am so happy with our pictures! Now I just need to sort through them and make our album already! I have totally been putting that off!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results