shape
carat
color
clarity

Our diamond purchase thanks to Pricescope!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

webdude

Rough_Rock

Last summer I made good on a promise I made to my wife the day I proposed to her… “I promise one day I’ll get you a diamond twice as big.” Well I lied, I got her one 3 times as big for our 20th wedding anniversary. I used the wealth of information from this website to educate myself before shopping. Unlike the first time I went diamond shopping (20 years ago) I felt confident I would be able to get a great diamond at a great price. After looking through the forums I found a brick and mortar shop, Liberty Diamond Cutters in Irvine California.

They were very good to me letting me look at about 8 diamonds before I found the one I wanted. They had an Ideal Scope to use and several other scope tools. By the time I decided on one I knew that one so well that I’m sure I could later look at it and know. Liberty was really good with us and I highly recommend them. They custom made a new wedding ring set for us platinum. Here is what I got:

One GIA Cert Round Brilliant Diamond, 7.74- 7.77 x 4.71 mm, 1.72 Carat, Color F, Clarity VS1, Cut: Excellent, 60.7% depth, 57% table, 34.5° crown angle, 40.8° pavilion angle, cutlet – none, crown height 15%, pavilion depth 43%, star length 50 %, lower half 75%, Girdle – thin to slightly thick, faceted 2.8%, polish excellent, Symmetry – very good, Fluorescence – none, price = $18,500.00 (rounded off).

This ring we noticed after choosing it was GIA certified on May 24, 2006… the very day of our 20th wedding anniversary. It was made for us!

From your cut advisor:
Light Return - Excellent / Fire - Excellent / Scintillation - Excellent / Spread or diameter for weight - Very Good / Total Visual Performance 1.3 - Excellent /
within TIC range

I''ll add pictures soon!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a wonderful way to break a promise!
9.gif
My fiance can break a promise to me like that anyday! It sounds gorgeous, and I bet your wife is over the moon! Congratulations on your 20th and I can''t wait to see photos!

P.S. What a perfect coincidence that the diamond was certed on your anniversary-it was meant to be!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock

"This ring we noticed after choosing it was GIA certified on May 24, 2006… the very day of our 20th wedding anniversary. It was made for us!"

Get OUT! You noticed this AFTER...really? That is sooo perfect...it is so unbelieveable, it is simply...DIVINE! Please post some images of your "brides" treasure. It sounds as if you are a man of your word and then some. You promised. You delivered. Great job!

DKS

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow what a great promise to keep. How wonderful the GIA report was on your 20th anniversary. I can''t wait to see it.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
What a fabulous outcome and a heart warming story (the part about the date) that''s absolutely awesome! Congrats to you and your wife on your 20th anniversary ... hopefully you have many, many more together :)

webdude

Rough_Rock
Here are a couple pics... they are not that great but they''ll give you an idea.

OurRing.jpg

webdude

Rough_Rock
Number two!

OurRing2.jpg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Awesome story brother. What timing on the date too eh.
17.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thats just so perfect :) How sweet :)

That diamond and setting is beautiful. Tryst me no women will mind that promise broken :)

Congratulations

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on 20 years of marriage!!!! And of course the wonderful ring!!!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!! I too have a thing about the grading dates on the diamond reports, often the diamonds I have had have been graded near or on an important date for me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results