shape
carat
color
clarity

Our custom wedding set!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Hi, I don''t post here much, but I love seeing all of the artful rings everyone has. We had our wedding bands made by a local artist who made my E-ring, and I love how they turned out, so I hope y''all don''t mind my posting a few pictures here! Mine is a 4mm band with a plain face and engraving on the sides, his is a 8mm knife edge with engraving on only one edge.

The set- you can see the engraving on mine here.

Mine

And his

Thanks for looking!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I love how you guys have different bands, but that they''re tied together with the engraving. They''re really nice!

susi

Shiny_Rock
They''re beautiful!!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Love them! Would love to see your band and e-ring together....

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
They''re both beautiful.
1.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Robbie -that was sort of the goal, we didn''t want matching bands, but we did want to be identifiable as a "set" y''know? I''m really pleased with how they came out.

angeline -the wedding band and E-ring together are a bit much since the e-ring is about 5-6mm and the w-band is almost 4mm, it''s a lot of metal on my short little fingers! I don''t think I''ll wear them together often, but in the mean time I''ve been forbidden to do hand shots until after the wedding! Luckily that''s only a week away...

Here''s a hand shot of my e-ring for scale...

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love them!!!
30.gif

lucyh

Rough_Rock
very pretty! Is your wedding ring curved to fit?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really nice! I love that special touch with the engraving!!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Love them! They are perfect together!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Aww, thanks guys! I didn''t think many people would respond since I don''t really post in SMTR. Pricescope is so friendly!

lucy h - my band isn''t curved, the stone is actually set high enough that it slips in underneath it. You can see it better in the picture below. It''s a half-bezel setting, so the stone juts out on its own at the top and bottom. I don''t know that I''ll wear them together since the e-ring will cover the engraving.

Sorry all the pics are so big, I''m still learning how to do this! And thanks again for all the kind words!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love your bands...they are so unique! Your ering is very beautiful as well...congratulations on such lovely pieces!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Lovely, lovely rings and they are not the typical stuff that you see!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
am i seeing blue fluorescence in your stone?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Love them!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Why yes ladykemma, it is! The center stone has light blue fluoro, and two of the side stones have very strrong blue fluoro, they look like sapphires under UV. In normal lighting the center stone is beautifully clear, even silvery (oh how I wish to reset it in platinum one day!) but in sunlight it flashes everywhere.

Thanks everyone for your kind words! We designed the rings and engraving ourselves, (my FI designed the E-ring) so I''m very proud of them. And as it turns out, a little defensive...

I just came back from running some errands with a friend and we passed a Kay Jewelers as we were leaving. Now, I know how people here feel about Kay, but I have a pair of diamond studs that were a gift that I know came from there and last week I noticed one of the stones was spinning (!) in its setting, so I thought that as long as we were already there I''d ask if they could fix/swap it. I also wanted to buy a little velvet box for a pair of garnet studs I bought to give to my mother in law. They came in a very trendy presentation box, and I''m sure she''d rather have something else.

So a sales person was flagged over, some kid a little younger than I am with an um, disheveled appearance.
I said " so I have these diamond studs from another Kay bought several years ago and" and he cuts me off and says "you want to know what they cost."
Umm, what? Ok, I wasn''t dressed too nicely today, but it''s pouring rain and in any case-- what?
In the mean time he''s clearly eyeing my E-ring.
So I explained to him that the stone in my stud was lose, and no I don''t have them with me, but could they fix it. The eventual answer was yes, if I brought it in they''d send it out to be repaired. At first I was a little put off my them not repairing a loose stone in a simple crown-set stud on-site, but in retrospect, I don''t want those people touching my diamonds (or anything else of mine) even my small 10 year old Kay studs.

Then the man reaches for my ring and offers to check the stones. Um, you don''t repair things yourself, this is clearly not a "Kay" piece and get your fingers off my ring! It was strange. It might not sound weird second-hand but the friend I was with was put off too, and darling FI thought it was creepy. I never knew I was so posessive of my ring but there was now way that man was touching it! I mumbled some sort of "no, really it''s fine" and abruptly left. So I still have a loose stone and no pretty velvet box, but I think somehow I''ll manage to never go back to Kay.

Sorry to vent, but it was very strange.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
I would hate that! and obviously would never let them touch my diamond.. mercoledi your rings are trully unique, it''s great that you and your FI designed them!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are just lovely!!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
really cool! I love the unque engraving detail you guys chose, so special and unique.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, I love the engraving!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I''ve learned so much here, I really appreciate it. Keep up the good work, I have to go get married...

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very unique rings. Lovely design.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results