shape
carat
color
clarity

Our custom anniversary ring from BGD

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PSers, after a several months working with BGD, I've finally got the custom ring on my lady's finger for our anniversary.
Just in case anyone here in PS is interested in our ring building process, or thinks it'd be helpful to know more about it, would be glad to share with more details below.

Reached BGD to enquire about having an diamond ring project with them early in June. Jamie was very kind and has been the one who continuously assisted my purchase.

Having an original Ering stone of .75ct / F / VS2, I was looking for something between .85-.89ct F to G VS for the new ring. However, since there were no inventory dropped in exactly my desired range available, I placed an Order for a custom cut. Unfortunately, there's still no suitable rough coming out after 1 and a half month of wait. It's also the time when other scheduled polished stones coming over from the factory, discussed with Jamie again and finally decided on our .934ct G VS signature H & A being one of the latest production at that moment, which we are very happy with!

We then moved on to the ring making process, which took more time of the project. Since I am having BGD matching the new ring with my wife's own wedding band, it had to be reverse engineer the ring. The issue was not only to match the height and width of the shank, but also there's mild but continuous curve along the shank which was hard to match in style, while it's also not an ideal option to have both rings sit flush though. Longer than expected time has been spent for attempts, and BGD kindly offered a temporary setting for our anniversary trip while finalising the custom one. You have to say both rings are beautiful!

And now we got it! It's looks simple (while the making was not^^), elegant and delicate!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous and graceful set. I love the mixed metals!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring and a really beautiful set!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a beautiful match! Would love to see hand shots!

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the simple beauty! Looks like liquid metal. Very pretty set!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! what a great partner in life! I cant wait to see hand shots!!!! lovely.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What gorgeous curves. :love: Great job!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It turned out perfectly! I love the curves and the mixed metals. That’s a very unique band and they look beautiful together.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! I love the curves and the workmanship is incredible. :love: A job well done!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So elegant!
Happy anniversary.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Love the simple beauty! Looks like liquid metal. Very pretty set!
Right~ It's flowy and we see varying contour looking at it from different angles=)

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! I love how they matched the curvy flowy swoops to her wedding band. And wow on the new stone! Can you see a big difference? Not only is it a larger stone, I bet that little “pinch” makes it look even bigger!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings! Very fluid design!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both!!! Congratulations!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!!! Very very pretty. Well done.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, another beauty from BGD! :love::clap:

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty! I love how they matched the curvy flowy swoops to her wedding band. And wow on the new stone! Can you see a big difference? Not only is it a larger stone, I bet that little “pinch” makes it look even bigger!
Thanks. Setting with the shank tapering towards the centre stone does enlarge it a bit on visual, which is quite good for small stone like ours~ I really like the "pinch" that you mentioned, this, together with the sharp "V" shape of the six prong head on the profile view make the pop up of the stone even more pronounced under different directions of viewing.

Btw, the contrast of the stone's brilliance and the rose gold is very attractive, so much like that in your profile picture=). For us, the rose gold does demonstrate a special ambience. We are happy we chose rose gold, just not know much about how reactive the copper inside is. Better to learn how to better look after it, as my wife doesn't care, and is only responsible to appreciate it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results