shape
carat
color
clarity

Our Church Does Not Use An Organist!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
So basically that means that they typically do not have music at the wedding ceremony, as most of the ceremony itself is chanted, but that if we want a traditional processional and exit, we can supply music.

Has anyone ever had to do this? Did you hire musicians or use a CD?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
My church doesn''t have an organ...
39.gif
And I don''t like the idea of having recorded music at my wedding. If I couldn''t have an organ, I''d have a brass quintet and I was ready to pay for it. Music is the only thing I''m kind of bridezilla-ish about, but I suppose it can be expected from a girl who''s played music for most of her life! I have friends who are professional musicians, and one of them, who plays the trumpet like me, offered to play at my wedding. I asked if she could ask around so we could have a quintet, and she said she''ll arrange it. I''m very lucky because she said they''ll do it for free, but I''ll still tip them and invite her to the reception.

A great place to look for musicians that won''t cost you as mush as professionals are colleges and conservatories. Most students play as well as pros do, for a lesser cost. They''d be happy to do your wedding for you and get a little money for their studies!

Good luck!

mainlobster101

Rough_Rock
Even though my church does have an organ, I plan on getting a friend-of-a-friend to play the violin. If you don''t know anyone, ask the orchestra teacher at the local high school for one(or several) of his best students... the individuals wouldn''t charge much or might even be free!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
What do you guys think of a classical guitarist/flute duo? I got a VERY reasonable quote from a duo who have all their own equiptment (amps, etc). I really want the quartet, but it''s alot more expensive, and I want to keep ceremony music under 500.00...

I hate unexpected expensive things.

gail013

Shiny_Rock
We had a harpist and she was fantastic!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I''d consider the lack of an organist to be a plus!
11.gif

The guitar/flute duo sounds like a good idea to me. Have you considered a cellist? For some reason I''ve always thought of the cello as being a great sound for a wedding!
5.gif

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
I love classical guitar for a wedding- it''s still reverential and elegant and yet not too somber. I had to use recorded music since we got married on a cruise ship, so I used classical guitar versions of Beatles songs. I''m sure you''re looking for something less secular but the guitar music was beautiful. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results