carat
color
clarity

Otherworldy Akoya

amoline

Shiny_Rock
These are absolutely spectacular :sun::love:

Why not get them papered by PSL?
Surely they’d merit the coveted “ten nyo” grade, if submitted for that report?
I’d personally be very curious about both nacre depth and aurora viewer profile.

It's certainly possible/probable they'd get Tennyo, if submitted, I think. I don't know enough about Tennyo Hanadama to know the real difference. When these pearls were found, they were compared to some Tennyo strands and the Tennyo were not as nice in some aspects.

They aren't technically owned by me, at the moment, which is why I can't get them PSL-certified. - I just have them available for the special project and am able to do some photos. If I get to hang on to them for longer/permanently (I'm going to try!), I may submit them to PSL out of curiosity.

That said, the PSL certificate ultimately is not that important for this level of pearl, even though I would be curious. They are clearly gem grade, even beating out a Mikimoto earring pearl in some examples. Funny enough, the other Hanadama strand in the comparison photos has a very thick nacre -- .8mm I believe, so it just goes to show that ultimately nacre thickness is not directly related to luster.

Lastly, it's an unfair comparison I'd say to put it "against" the Hanadama strand - without revealing anything related to the project, the costs are not similar at all, and the Hanadama certified strand holds up much better by itself- it is only next to these other pearls that make them look a little more "plain." They're still very beautiful pearls.

The hanadama strand in that comparison looks to me to be on the lower end of the hanadama quality scale. Would you say this is true @amoline? My hanadama earrings and two strands - whilst not as otherworldly as these akoyas! - both photograph with much more life.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's true, but maybe. Like I said above, they have very thick nacre and good luster by themselves, and just looking at them worn someone would simply think "oh, beautiful pearls." On the other hand, I myself have not been exposed to enough of the Hanadama spectrum that I would feel comfortable definitively saying that these are/are not a certain Hanadama level.

Hope at least some of that helps. Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know - I certainly love chatting about these pearls. :D

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are honestly just astonishing - I keep coming back to look at these photos! :kiss2:

Will you reveal the "project" to us in time? Hoping to understand where these came from and the cost involved.

amoline

Shiny_Rock
These are honestly just astonishing - I keep coming back to look at these photos! :kiss2:

Will you reveal the "project" to us in time? Hoping to understand where these came from and the cost involved.

I'm hoping I can share more soon! As for cost involved, probably won't be able to share specific numbers but we'll see.

Essentially, it is some photos for a non-jewelry company, but that jewelry has been sourced for the photos. Cool stuff, for sure.

Thanks for the kind comments. :)

amoline

Shiny_Rock
A fun update!

These wonderful pearls have now been strung! And though pictures cannot truly do them justice, they are really stunning:

In shade:
0CDB8DDB-99AC-4FF0-BA7B-CCE3DFADFD63.jpeg

In sunlight:

8C7F93AA-E7C2-494A-9CD9-DC127F0AE3EB.jpeg

Photos and stringing courtesy of my friend in pearls, Pattye :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glorious @amoline :kiss2: :cool2:

I would LOVE to see these in-person!! Thank you so much for sharing the finished strand with us!!

More photos or video would be most welcome :bigsmile:

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Glorious @amoline :kiss2: :cool2:

I would LOVE to see these in-person!! Thank you so much for sharing the finished strand with us!!

More photos or video would be most welcome :bigsmile:

I'd be glad to do some more photos/video, @yssie ! When I receive them back from their stringing, I will take some professional photos and can always take a short video -- if there's anything in particular that you'd like to see, just let me know!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results