shape
carat
color
clarity

Other than your electronic devices, what are five *things* you cannot live without?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We've never had AC in our house, or a dishwasher, or many things that nearly everyone has when they can afford them.
In summer we sleep with some windows open.
We close em when temp inside and outside match, usually around 10 AM.
They get reopened in the evening when temp inside and outside match again.
Works great.

Zero energy cost.
Better for the planet too. :dance:

I admit there are 10 to 20 days a year I wish we had an AC unit.
But I know if we did I'd indulge all the time for 3 or 4 months.
For the same reason there is never ice cream in this house - except when I make it from scratch, which lately is maybe once every other year.

Some nights we do use a portable electric heater in the bedroom ... for warmth Bibi sleeps there too.

Opposite window schedule in the Winter.

This works along the So. California coast ... lucky us.
That said, nearly all our neighbors have AC, and I suspect 100% use dishwashers.

I have been running the AC this month depending on how warm it is inside the house. Sometimes opening the windows and terrace door in the bedroom doesn't do it for me. I also have had the heat on this month so depending on the day it can be heat or AC or nothing. This is unusual as I don't generally have to put the AC on in December but if I am hot and opening windows and doors don't cool the temps down enough for me I turn on the AC,

This falls under the life is short and challenging category and if I can make it better I do. I too have no human children and for the most part am kind to the environment and I feel zero guilt about running my AC, my dishwasher etc. And as for ice cream bring it on. I indulge in ice cream with zero guilt.

Of course we all vary and it is OK. Ice cream, dishwashers, children, AC...No judgment from me either way. Whatever works is A OK IMO.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been running the AC this month depending on how warm it is inside the house. Sometimes opening the windows and terrace door in the bedroom doesn't do it for me. I also have had the heat on this month so depending on the day it can be heat or AC or nothing. This is unusual as I don't generally have to put the AC on in December but if I am hot and opening windows and doors don't cool the temps down enough for me I turn on the AC,

This falls under the life is short and challenging category and if I can make it better I do. I too have no human children and for the most part am kind to the environment and I feel zero guilt about running my AC, my dishwasher etc. And as for ice cream bring it on. I indulge in ice cream with zero guilt.

Of course we all vary and it is OK. Ice cream, dishwashers, children, AC...No judgment from me either way. Whatever works is A OK IMO.

Everyone should do whatever they like.
No explanation, or justification needed.

I do it my way, as does everyone else. ;))
We vary. :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can live without any non-living thing. Humans are adaptable. I will make do or find another solution.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I can live without any non-living thing. Humans are adaptable. I will make do or find another solution.

Chrono.. I kind of feel exactly this way. We may not always like it, but we are indeed incredibly adapt
able.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My skin care collection. A crisp Mrs-B is not good for any of us.
Bottled water.
My car.
My Bible.
Pen and paper. Given that I have no electronics, now might be the time I finally take up journalling.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
  1. My Mykita eyeglasses (seriously anything else gives me a terrible headache after breaking my nose years ago - they are the lightest, comfiest, most stylish frames I’ve ever had)
  2. Blundstone boots :kiss2:
  3. Dr Haushka Rose Day Cream
  4. My stainless steel water bottle
  5. Madewell extra tall skinny jeans (my inseam is 36” and I would be nekkid without them)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

don't feel guilty missy
if i could afford it id have the aircon on right now
mind you then we would have to shut the back door and we don't have a cat flap

i do have the dryer going:(2
ive been so good lately using the line and getting everything dried between the showers but we have had heavy rain for a couple of days and i run out of dry cat towels :mrgreen2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
  1. My Mykita eyeglasses (seriously anything else gives me a terrible headache after breaking my nose years ago - they are the lightest, comfiest, most stylish frames I’ve ever had)
  5. Madewell extra tall skinny jeans (my inseam is 36” and I would be nekkid without them)

love my Blundstones
best work boot on the market
my old word went cheap on us and started issuing us with interior safety footwear and it was dreadfully uncomfortable
i found once you wear them in, Blundstones are so comfortable i could probably sleep with them on

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
love my Blundstones
best work boot on the market
my old word went cheap on us and started issuing us with interior safety footwear and it was dreadfully uncomfortable
i found once you wear them in, Blundstones are so comfortable i could probably sleep with them on

I totally feel the same way. They are unbelievably comfy!!!!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I love, love, love my Mykitas! I started with rx sunglasses and then had to have glasses too because they are so comfy ! They are pretty cool, as well! Also love my blundies :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results