shape
carat
color
clarity

Other than not wearing it, is there ANY way to keep an Eternity from getting so gross?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I clean the thing daily, sometimes twice. I wash my hands frequently, with and without the rings on, and it seems like these things get so cruddy so fast...I want to gag...it''s not like Im immersing my hands in funkiness either, I work at a friggin computer.

Other than putting a plastic bubble around my rings, got any other ideas?

Or should I just deal with it and reevaluate my gag reflex?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You use that stuff we all love right?? When at work I would put your hands under the water without getting the soap or water on your rings. It can be done, I''m a pro at it. That soap stuff will just add a build up on your rings. I know I''m a nut, but thats me!!!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ame, I wear my ring all the time and use tons of lotions on my hands, and all I need to do is clean it daily and give it a good scrub and it sparkles like mad and is clean. WHAT are you doing with your hands, woman?!?!?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really wonder that too...hehe. I just notice the skin that collects on the stones. It still sparkles but it''s grody when Im trying to inspect for booboos and can only see funk from my other fingers.

I think Im just a dirty girl
7.gif

Yes, I use the SS, it IS definiltely the best! I just wish it had some kind of protective laser sheild to prevent funk.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ew skin?!

girlfriend, put away that loupe. you are going to give yourself an ulcer. i would get grossed out seeing my skin particles on the darn diamonds too. maybe that''s a HINT that you should stop inspecting the friggin diamonds?!
9.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea, ew. At 30x no less.

Not a big enough hint yet. haha It''s really the E-band I inspect the most. I haven''t gotten used to the massive amounts of diamonds that I can crack if I grab something metal or hard...I won''t turn doorknobs, grab my keys...anything metal goes in the right hand.

Sad.

The engagement ring gets a once over real quick. Its the band that holds me up.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Keep in mind that diamonds are harder than you think and can take quite a lot. You are very careful with your rings, so you probably will never have a problem, knock on wood. The SS keps my eternity band clean for days at a time. But I don''t wear my rings around the house. Truth be told I don''t love wearing rings that much.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
(OT) Ame, I have been searching through old threads to get a glimpse of your yummy wedding set (probably the most meticulously maintained on PS!!!) and have had no luck. I went to your initial engagement thread but for some reason got all the little red X''s and couldnt'' see the photos
8.gif
Am I missing them somewhere obvious?

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t wear my diamonds while working around the house, either. I also try not to get soap on them when washing my hands, it''s possible to avoid getting stuff on your rings when you wash, I''ve learned the trick. I also don''t put lotions on while wearing my rings. I put the lotion on first, let it soak in, THEN put my rings. Same thing with sun screen and that kinda thing. Maybe you have dry skin on your hands, so your epidermis is flakier than most people? Do you moisturize your hands well? Sometimes you can chaff your skin on the fingers under the rings if they are too tight. Are your rings doing that? I clean and inspect my rings really often, and I''ve never noticed like skin or gunk on them at all. Mostly just finger prints and a slight film once in a while. Usually cleaning them in a jewelry cleaner takes care of it and they stay pretty clean for a few days at a time.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2005 5:10:54 PM
Author: blueroses
(OT) Ame, I have been searching through old threads to get a glimpse of your yummy wedding set (probably the most meticulously maintained on PS!!!) and have had no luck. I went to your initial engagement thread but for some reason got all the little red X''s and couldnt'' see the photos
8.gif
Am I missing them somewhere obvious?

BR - Here''s AME and her ring''s

ameweddingset1.jpg.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a collage

amecollage0806one.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2005 5:28:45 PM
Author: sjz
I don''t wear my diamonds while working around the house, either. I also try not to get soap on them when washing my hands, it''s possible to avoid getting stuff on your rings when you wash, I''ve learned the trick. I also don''t put lotions on while wearing my rings. I put the lotion on first, let it soak in, THEN put my rings. Same thing with sun screen and that kinda thing. Maybe you have dry skin on your hands, so your epidermis is flakier than most people? Do you moisturize your hands well? Sometimes you can chaff your skin on the fingers under the rings if they are too tight. Are your rings doing that? I clean and inspect my rings really often, and I''ve never noticed like skin or gunk on them at all. Mostly just finger prints and a slight film once in a while. Usually cleaning them in a jewelry cleaner takes care of it and they stay pretty clean for a few days at a time.
Yea I don''t wear them much around the house unless I am just laying around watching TV or reading a magazine or playing on the computer. I don''t moisturize well, that''s for sure. I use a lactic acid lotion on them when I use lotion at all. They aren''t too tight on that finger but it seems to me like it happens with the fingers on either side. The top of the ring that isn''t rubbing my other fingers looks better. I never touch lotions or creams or makeup or toothpaste with my rings on though. It just gunks them up. Most of the time when I go wash them I remove my rings and leave them in the box or separated on my desk with strict instructions for my interns to break the arm of whoever touches them when Im gone. ;-)

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Well, my naked-unengaged fingers give me no helpful insight about the residue issue, but I HAVE TO SAY:

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
23.gif
23.gif
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
Holy brilliant sparkle, batman!!!! The superior cut on that beauty is so obvious!!! it just leaps off the screen!! Thanks for posting MrsS and Ame!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2005 6:36:57 PM
Author: blueroses
Well, my naked-unengaged fingers give me no helpful insight about the residue issue, but I HAVE TO SAY:

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
23.gif
23.gif
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
Holy brilliant sparkle, batman!!!! The superior cut on that beauty is so obvious!!! it just leaps off the screen!! Thanks for posting MrsS and Ame!!!!

9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
*giggle* I thank you!
30.gif

Thank''s for posting the photo MrsS!

I love this set. Which explains my neurotic cleaning and inspecting.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your rings are really beautiful Ame and they look so nice on your hand! Just clean them once a day, wear them, and enjoy them!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
IF only I were that simple. haha.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME...

1. Clean rings once a day.
2. Put the loupe away.
3. Relax!
2.gif

xoxoxo!
Lynn

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im a nut.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2005 9:24:27 PM
Author: ame
Im a nut.
Agreed.
9.gif

Ame I don''t think I''ve ever seen your beautiful rings before! Quit worrying about them and enjoy wearing them, wouldja? They''re beautiful!!
36.gif
And so are you.
2.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always take my rings off before I go into a rest room. I also take them off before I handle food or do any sort of "dirty work", and I clean them at the end of every day. I don't directly touch my eternity bands when I put them on or take them off - I cover them with a lint-free paper napkin. Same thing with my earrings.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I too have an eternity band and I wonder some days if it was the best choice. I don''t really wear my rings around the house with two toddlers. The one time I had them on as I was getting ready to go to work, I got diaper rash cream all over it. It took a while to get it clean.

At work I have gotten gross antibiotic suspensions on it too, but it always came right off.

It could be your lactic acid cream is leaving a dull film on it. Even if you wait until it sets in before you put your rings on, there will be some residue on your hands.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2005 8:47:16 PM
Author: Lynn B
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME...

1. Clean rings once a day.
2. Put the loupe away.
3. Relax!
2.gif

xoxoxo!
Lynn
Yup...What Lynn said!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results