shape
carat
color
clarity

OT-Rubies!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aislingmaire

Rough_Rock
Hello, I am looking for high quality Ruby pairs with a deep luscious red. Does anyone know of a reputable vendor who could help? I am looking for baguette, pear, heart, and oval pairs (listed in order of preference).
Thank you
Jackie S
[email protected]

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
You may want to contact Wink Jones of Winfield's, www.winkjones.com. He wrote the article here on colored gems and is very knowledgable.

https://www.pricescope.com/colorgems_intro.asp

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just signed up here today, but was delighted to see when I did that my friend SteveL was on line. It made me feel right at home. (Hi, Steve!)

My question is whether it is acceptable or off-topic here to discuss colored gemstones. I did a search on the word, "ruby" and came up with this thread (among others) which suggested to me that colored gemstones might be off-topic.

I am interested in colored stones, particularly red stones, and I do not want to err by discussing them here if that is not acceptable.

Thank you! BTW: Hi, Lawmax!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
AGBF, welcome
----------------
I am interested in colored stones, particularly red stones, and I do not want to err by discussing them here if that is not acceptable.
----------------
don't be silly
3.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF!!!! Can it be?
9.gif

Hi
wavey.gif

We are due for a phone call. Post photos of your beautiful diamonds and gems. We all love those. Did you set your spinel?

lawmax
12.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 4/4/2002 2:43:23 PM aislingmaire wrote:
Hello, I am looking for high quality Ruby pairs with a deep luscious red. Does anyone know of a reputable vendor who could help? I am looking for baguette, pear, heart, and oval pairs (listed in order of preference).
Thank you
Jackie S
[email protected]
Lawmax has great advice. Get ahold of Wink Jones and he will be more than happy to point you in the right direction. Very friendly and knowledgeable. To give you an idea of what you may be in for price wise you can browse through stones offered at these sites to give you a general idea. High quality rubies do not come cheap.

www.palagems.com
Great Site and very informative. A contributor to the site is Richard hughes who has written on extensive book on rubies and sapphires and is considered a very knowledgable source.

www.cherrypicked.com
Great site to scam through the finest of gemstones. Fine Burma rubies are offered here at varrying different price ranges relevant to quality. Will give you a good idea of what you will be looking at money wise according to the quality of stones your seeking.

I hope this help you & good luck in your search.

Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska

9.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 1/26/2003 3:36
6.gif
9 PM lawmax wrote:

AGBF!!!! Can it be?
9.gif

Hi
wavey.gif

We are due for a phone call. Post photos of your beautiful diamonds and gems. We all love those. Did you set your spinel?

lawmax
12.gif

----------------

Hello, my friend. We are, indeed, due for a phone call.

Thank you for the welcome and the heads up re: colored gemstones, Leonid.

My spinel is not yet set, Lawmax, but I have acquired a Pyrope garnet (from Diamond Brokers of Florida) which is. It has also been resized so that my daughter can wear it, though!!! She fell in love with it so I lost it to her!

I also have some other red gems en route to me. One is an oval rhodolite garnet of slightly over 8mm x 6mm (bought on ebay). Another is a round spessartite garnet (do I have that correctly?) bought from a vendor in the Czech Republic. The third and fourth are a pair of rhodolite garnets supposedly from Ceylon (Sri Lanka) which I bought from an Australian vendor on ebay.

I just want to mention that I never spend very much money on stones from ebay bacause there is no way one can be sure of their provenance without a certificate. I would prefer to go to someone reputable for a colored stone on which I am spending more than a few dollars! It is far too easy to make mistakes buying colored gems!

I have asked DBOF to set the spinel in a simple setting for me so that I can wear it before I purchase diamond accent stones. It is too pretty to leave unset! It comes from Pala Gems, which has very fine rubies and spinels. I asked for a letter signed by Richard Hughes (one of the owners of Pala) when I bought it. I absolutely love his book, "Ruby and Sapphire" and thought having something he signed personally would be very cool.

I would love to post pictures of my jewelry, but I have none stored on my computer. (I wiped everything off my hard drive in order to get the computer working again.) Once I take some more photos I will be happy to post them.

lacina

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Richard,...

Hi Aislingmaire, Yes we love ruby and Sapphire here on this forum,... after all the good ones are as precious as diamonds !...IMHO,..

To locate a pair of gem quality Burma ruby is not an easy task,...
There is a plenty of Madagaccar ruby that is available now, however I don't carry Madagascar ruby yet,... I am going to Tucson AGTA Gem show next week to meet with my supplier. So if you like I can see if I can locate a pair for you.. The hardest part is choosing the color over long distance Luscious red is quite wide range...

Colored stones are the hardest to sell on line I would prefer you to see it in person,.. Perhaps try to locate local dealer near you so you can inspect the gems before you buy them any dealer can make an special order!
If you don't have a dealer near by I will try to help you,...
Best,
George Lacina
GLe Gem Imports

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results