shape
carat
color
clarity

Oscars Celebrity Red Carpet fashion 2019

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady Gaga’s necklace was THE Tiffany 128.54ct priceless yellow diamond . It’s only been worn twice before last night. Audrey Hepburn wore it to promote Breakfast At Tiffany’s in 1961. It’s really quite extraordinary that it was worn last night. Wow!

Great photos missy!

Thank you @Bonfire. I got interrupted during posting. And my computer then decided to restart in the middle lol but I persisted. Hope you enjoyed the photos. It was my first time seeing most of the dresses and I have not yet taken it all in. But I have to say I am loving all the colors and I always love a good mermaid dress.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please add any other photos you want to share...bling, dresses etc. The more the merrier and bling it on!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't watch but thank you @missy for all your hard work posting these. I enjoyed the video of LG and Bradley Cooper! Beautiful jewels and gowns.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't watch but thank you @missy for all your hard work posting these. I enjoyed the video of LG and Bradley Cooper! Beautiful jewels and gowns.

Thank you @redwood66, it was my pleasure. I have to say PS can be such a time suck but only in the best possible way. It's already after 10AM here and I have not yet started my morning :geek2:. Well that is not true, I did have coffee and eat breakfast while posting so that's something. Thanks for checking out the photos and glad you enjoyed them.:kiss2:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @redwood66, it was my pleasure. I have to say PS can be such a time suck but only in the best possible way. It's already after 10AM here and I have not yet started my morning :geek2:. Well that is not true, I did have coffee and eat breakfast while posting so that's something. Thanks for checking out the photos and glad you enjoyed them.:kiss2:
The coffee is still in the pot after DH left for work because I got sucked into this thread! Need some now. But it is only 7:30 so I don't feel too bad. The horses are staring at the house wondering when I am coming out to serve them breakfast though. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just read that Kelly Ripa wore a topper. I love this. Making it mainstream and not being afraid to share. She rocks. Another look at this gorgeous dress. Gorgeous couple too.

448D345E-58BE-4EC2-9CE5-8694244DB9AD.jpeg

8739AA10-6496-468D-8D8F-C41164A154D0.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some amazing dresses and jewels last night, but let's talk some *real* eye candy:

Oh I missed your post @mrs-b. Thanks for adding this. Nice. :love:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't catch that it was @mrs-b that posted the video. Thank you!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't watch either but I always find the dresses to be the best part. It must be incredibly hard to pick a dress to wear, knowing there is the possibility that no matter what you pick you could get raked over the coals for your choice. I can imagine standing in front of a mirror thinking that you like something because it is unique in some way, or feels really good on, only to find that look didn't translate well in photos or in the context of what the other women were wearing.
On a side note, I hardly know who most of these women are. I guess I don't watch enough movies or maybe tv.
BTW, @missy, it have been downright freezing in L.A. of late. Weird places have gotten snow and it has been hovering around freezing especially at night for the last couple weeks.
I loved Kelly Ripa's dress, and until a few days ago I had never heard of a hair topper. I love when women are transparent. The media wants us to think that all the women we see in movies or on television or in print are perfect, or like everything about themselves. It just ain't so. Being vulnerable and honest is such a breath of fresh air.
I seem to like the dresses with the simple lines. You get too fussy and it can go either way. Sometimes an element is a hit, sometimes not. I don't think a large floral pattern ever translates well for these kind of events.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't watch either but I always find the dresses to be the best part. It must be incredibly hard to pick a dress to wear, knowing there is the possibility that no matter what you pick you could get raked over the coals for your choice. I can imagine standing in front of a mirror thinking that you like something because it is unique in some way, or feels really good on, only to find that look didn't translate well in photos or in the context of what the other women were wearing.
On a side note, I hardly know who most of these women are. I guess I don't watch enough movies or maybe tv.
BTW, @missy, it have been downright freezing in L.A. of late. Weird places have gotten snow and it has been hovering around freezing especially at night for the last couple weeks.
I loved Kelly Ripa's dress, and until a few days ago I had never heard of a hair topper. I love when women are transparent. The media wants us to think that all the women we see in movies or on television or in print are perfect, or like everything about themselves. It just ain't so. Being vulnerable and honest is such a breath of fresh air.
I seem to like the dresses with the simple lines. You get too fussy and it can go either way. Sometimes an element is a hit, sometimes not. I don't think a large floral pattern ever translates well for these kind of events.

Yes, I agree with everything you wrote. As a mere civilian it’s challenging to choose the best dress and under that kind of scrutiny I cannot even imagine. However I also would never choose that kind of life as I abhor crowds and that kind of attention so that is their choice. And I think they all did a wonderful job even those that were wearing dresses I didn’t love. They all looked beautiful.

As far as my preferences I am with you. Clean and simple and elegant dresses are my favorites but I appreciate different styles on others.

And as far as wigs and toppers yes and more power to the women who strengthen other women by sharing. Kudos to all of those women. They have my respect and admiration. They are helping so many others by sharing.

Oh and I didn’t realize it was cold there now. I could have sworn someone mentioned it was warm. Lol they must have been joking. I just caught the last half hour of the show.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t notice the dresses, I was only looking at the bling :lol: As soon as I saw Lady Gaga, I said “wow, look at her necklace” :roll2:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting all the pictures @missy. Some of the styles looked like a throw back to the 80’s, with the giant ruffles, the big shoulders and over the top styling, I prefer simple elegant styles too.

Queen and Adam Lambert’s opening act was great.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t notice the dresses, I was only looking at the bling :lol: As soon as I saw Lady Gaga, I said “wow, look at her necklace” :roll2:

Haha @Austina, there sure was a lot to look at and I have to say I was taking it all in like a big cool satisfying drink on a hot summer day. Yummmmmm.:lickout:

Thank you for posting all the pictures @missy. Some of the styles looked like a throw back to the 80’s, with the giant ruffles, the big shoulders and over the top styling, I prefer simple elegant styles too.

Queen and Adam Lambert’s opening act was great.

You are welcome @Calliecake. Glad you enjoyed it. And you are so right. So many of the dresses seemed a throwback to the 80s. Honestly I wasn't a big fan of 80s style in general when I was living in in the 80s but these women make it work.:bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Julia Roberts defines "Pretty in Pink"

julia-roberts-1551105980.jpg

julia-roberts-oscars-1551106008.jpg

Down to her shoes.

:kiss2:

Earrings:
dd402052-5b8b-49af-a40e-54a0595f739e-getty-1127228247.jpg

wearing jewels by high jewelry artist, Cindy Chao. Specifically, Roberts wore Chao’s Architectural Earrings and Branch Bangle.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Glenn Close's dress weighed 42 lbs. She was getting her workout in while attending the Oscars. That woman can multitask.:kiss:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Anyone up for more fashion?

Nice in basic black. Loving the curves and lines here.
red-carpet-52.jpg

Love Ashley Graham in this. :love:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow that color is Bluetiful. And love the shape.

Love the color.

red-carpet-45.jpg

She reminds me of a young Liza Minelli in this pic

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love to see the more unique or unusual dresses but honestly think sometimes simpler does look better ya know? It's like one trend is cool...attempting to have 6 trends in one outfit...not so nice! :confused2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She reminds me of a young Liza Minelli in this pic

You are right, she does!

I love to see the more unique or unusual dresses but honestly think sometimes simpler does look better ya know? It's like one trend is cool...attempting to have 6 trends in one outfit...not so nice! :confused2:

Yup totally agree. Especially if I am the one wearing the dress. I hate complicated dresses and the easier on and off the better for me. But I think part of the reason I am like that is I am not graceful so if there is more potential to mess something complicated up I will be the one to mess it up. So it could just be a defense mechanism for me but generally I love the simple elegant ease of a classic dress. I also love seeing a waist accentuated and emphasized and not hidden.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy thank you for posting all of these pics! Will be re-strolling for a while....

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful in so many ways. (Also, check out the cane to find the pink diamond...) (Vanity Fair Oscar party)

rs_634x1024-190224181303-634.selma-blair-vanity-fair-oscars-party-2019.ct.022419.jpg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loved this thread @missy Thank you for taking the time to put this together. :)
So....I saved this picture because I am looking for a mother of the the groom dress. Any idea who she is so I can find out who she is wearing?
Thanks anyone who knows!!
0E76D106-F368-41A7-91CB-78DB5214C0FD.jpeg

fluffboll

Rough_Rock
Premium
Loved this thread @missy Thank you for taking the time to put this together. :)
So....I saved this picture because I am looking for a mother of the the groom dress. Any idea who she is so I can find out who she is wearing?
Thanks anyone who knows!!
0E76D106-F368-41A7-91CB-78DB5214C0FD.jpeg

Hi Sandeek, her name is Letitia Wright and she is wearing a Dior haute couture dress.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@fluffboll Oh thank you so much! Hmm, probably out of my price range though. :P2

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also loved Lettia's gown!!! I thought it would have made a beautiful wedding dress in all white or ivory.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results