shape
carat
color
clarity

OSCAR Bling Watch - 2006

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 4:37:50 PM
Author: Starset Princess
However it translated in 3D, it sure didn''t come close to

charlize.jpg
Ditto that Erin!! That dress last nite just was bad for her in many ways, her boobs looked seriously flat, the dress looked too big, too stiff of material, the bow and the weird airplane panels...it wasn''t even a good color for her.

She looks stunning in this picture though!!

And Salma looked amazing!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 4:38:21 PM
Author: tiger007g

BTW: How awesome is Salma Hayek''s figure?? She is in her late 30s and I read in some magazine that she never exercises and eats whatever she wants. You''ve got to envy a woman like that!!
Yes, Salma looks fabulous. The color of her dress complimented her perfectly!

Does anyone find Reese Witherspoon annoying? I totally love a few of her movies, but she seems a little too perky and peppie to handle in real life. (Her DH even looked a bit annoyed when she was saying her oscar speech. He was *trying* to smile and appear supportive, but wasn''t doing an entirely convincing job.)

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My favorite dresses were Jlo''s, Selma''s, and the skirt of Ziyi Zhang''s (didn''t like the top part so much).
Charlize''s dress was jsut plain weird. I really liked her hair though! Too bad Rene Zellweger didn''t come. Her Carolina Herreras are my favorites! Overall this was a disappointing oscar fashion year.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 5:35:54 PM
Author: CareBear
My favorite dresses were Jlo''s, Selma''s, and the skirt of Ziyi Zhang''s (didn''t like the top part so much).
Charlize''s dress was jsut plain weird. I really liked her hair though! Too bad Rene Zellweger didn''t come. Her Carolina Herreras are my favorites! Overall this was a disappointing oscar fashion year.
I agree

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
How about Naomi Watts''s dress? I thought I was so pretty. I also liked Jessica Alba''s dress, but I didn''t like her in it. She kind of look like a young girl playing dress up.
NaomiWatts_Grani_7758684_600_400.jpg
JessicaAlb_Grani_7758939_600_400.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
It just seemed like "Year of the Weird Dresses" to me: wrapped, Grecian, one-shouldered ... Salma, Charlize, Felicity, JLo, Naomi, Jessica Alba, Michelle Williams ... they looked more like mummies than Hollywood Royalty.
6.gif

Reese''s & Sandra''s were the only ones I really liked!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too deco.
2.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 6:14:59 PM
Author: qtiekiki
How about Naomi Watts''s dress? I thought I was so pretty. I also liked Jessica Alba''s dress, but I didn''t like her in it. She kind of look like a young girl playing dress up.
NaomiWatts_Grani_7758684_600_400.jpg
JessicaAlb_Grani_7758939_600_400.jpg
Naomi''s dress was too pale for her. It totally washes out her complexion.

shay

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 4:38:21 PM
Author: tiger007g
To go against the tide, I loved Charlize''s dress.
1.gif

But then again, I know I have strange taste in clothes... I like strange avant-garde looking stuff that is asymmetrical, or with pouffy sleeves etc. etc. I love designers like Alexander McQueen and Costume National. Who designed her dress?

BTW: How awesome is Salma Hayek''s figure?? She is in her late 30s and I read in some magazine that she never exercises and eats whatever she wants. You''ve got to envy a woman like that!!
Envy, my aunt fanny!!!! More like throw darts at her picture.
11.gif

shay

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree I thought that Naomi looks the same color as her dress, not a complimentary color, and again whats with the big shoulder decor?! Jessica is beautiful but she did look a little odd in her dress, I don''t know WHY, maybe another case of same color as the skin? It seemed kind of an odd fashion year...nothing sooo shocking or OMG (well except for Lauren Hutton) but kind of boring, the only ones I really loved were Reese and Jennifer Lopez and I kind of like Zhi''s as well. Oh and Jennifer Aniston looked very classic I thought. In terms of JLo''s skin, I think she''s just been spending too much time in Miami, that''s what I look like after we come back from Palm Springs...hehehe.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2006 7:04:22 PM
Author: Mara
I agree I thought that Naomi looks the same color as her dress, not a complimentary color, and again whats with the big shoulder decor?! Jessica is beautiful but she did look a little odd in her dress, I don't know WHY, maybe another case of same color as the skin? It seemed kind of an odd fashion year...nothing sooo shocking or OMG (well except for Lauren Hutton) but kind of boring, the only ones I really loved were Reese and Jennifer Lopez and I kind of like Zhi's as well. Oh and Jennifer Aniston looked very classic I thought. In terms of JLo's skin, I think she's just been spending too much time in Miami, that's what I look like after we come back from Palm Springs...hehehe.
Naomi has the same problem as her buddy Nicole. They are both super duper pale and like to wear dresses as pale as their skin. It blends a little too well. I like brighter colored dresses.
The top of Jessica's dress looks too small or something. I can't explain it either. It just look funny on her.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results