shape
carat
color
clarity

OSCAR Bling Watch - 2006

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, so the set of the Oscars was pretty cool this year, and the graphics understated & classy, and they cut down on the speeches, which was a relief ... But c'mon ... here's what we really want to talk about.

The BEST BLING AWARD ... here are my nominations, feel free to add!!

#1 - Dolly Parton: any awful outfit gets an upgrade when paired with a 6-ish carat oval/cushion halo right hand ring.

#2 - Reese Witherspoon: as always, her Asscher ering (which looked flanked by diamond eternity bands) .. PLUS a haloed rock on her right hand index finger

#3 - Jennifer Aniston: fresh out of e-ring bling, she went old school with a gorgeous vintage multi-strand diamond necklace.

#4 - Jennifer Garner: who said she just had an eternity band e-ring?? ... No wonder she tripped -- homie was WEIGHED DOWN by a gi-nor-mous 10 carat-ish HONKER on "the" finger of wedded bliss. Post-baby bling?

Any other nominees???

(ETA: my pick for BEST BLING would probably be Jen Garner's WHOPPER.
Best Dressed: tie between Reese Witherspoon and Sandra Bullock... I loved that Sandra's dress had pockets. If it was white, I'd throw a cardigan over my shoulders & get married in that in a snap!)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was telling Nan last night I was straining my neck to see Nicole Kidman''s ering. Darn it all, couldn''t see squat. I did love Jennifer Aniston''s necklace. Reese''s ring is amazing.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I was definitely looking for bling, but didn''t notice much this year. (I guess I''m not as good at it as you guys are...)

I got the impression that necklaces were OUT though...didn''t notice many.

Is there a good site where I can see pictures?

widget

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Deco,
I heard the gift bags were worth over 100K, do you by chance know what was in them??

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Found a pix of Sandra Bullock''s dress, but it looked so much better on TV than in this pix. (Pix credit is © Frazer Harrison/Getty Images, found on E! Tv''s Oscar coverage)

sandradress.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm... this one is a little better. Same credit as last photo.

betterbullock.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 12:36:22 PM
Author: kaleigh
Hey Deco,I heard the gift bags were worth over 100K, do you by chance know what was in them??

Ask and ye shall receive!
Article on Oscar Booty

Highlights include:

*a $25,000 luxury package from one of the world''s most exclusive resorts, the Halekulani Hotel on Waikiki Beach in Honolulu.

*a Krups XP4050 Premium Pump espress machine and coffee products from the illy coffee company.

*"Unlimited Card" (worth $2,500) from the Cornelia Day Resort

*Vonage VTech Expandable Broadband phone system (worth $550).

*Two nights in a large suite at New York''s famed Carlyle Hotel.

*Frette leather-trimmed cashmere travel blanket, valued at $1,495.

*Exclusive dinner party in Morton''s Private Boardroom, available at any of their 69 restaurants around the world. The value of that package is $1,500.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you deco. Wowza!!!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
How about Keira Knightley''s necklace? WOWZA!

keira.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i loved jennifer aniston's necklace, soooo pretty!!! definitely some beautiful bling there!

as for gowns what the hell was charlize wearing? greg was all 'whats up with the big bow' and she had like panel wings on the bottom of her dress or something. some odd mix of romantic airplane couture.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
My fav was Keira Knightly''s gown w/ ca 1960''s bvlgari necklace. I''m glad Reese won she deserved it - but I really want Knightly to get it as her performance also carried Pride & Predjudice.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 1:18:16 PM
Author: Mara
what the hell was charlize wearing? greg was all ''whats up with the big bow'' and she had like panel wings on the bottom of her dress or something. some odd mix of romantic airplane couture.

So True. Some blogger called it a "Project Runway" dress .. i.e. made by a wannabe designer. Charlize''s disaster.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 1:23:45 PM
Author: decodelighted

what the hell was charlize wearing? greg was all ''whats up with the big bow'' and she had like panel wings on the bottom of her dress or something. some odd mix of romantic airplane couture.

So True. Some blogger called it a ''Project Runway'' dress .. i.e. made by a wannabe designer. Charlize''s disaster.
That bow was ridiculous. I wanted to cut it off!!!
3.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
i loved jennifer aniston''s necklace, soooo pretty!!! definitely some beautiful bling there!

as for gowns what the hell was charlize wearing? greg was all ''whats up with the big bow'' and she had like panel wings on the bottom of her dress or something. some odd mix of romantic airplane couture.
Oh geez, I agree. What the heck was that? She''s such a beauty; what a mistake.

I loved Sandra Bullock''s dress.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved Reese''s look, her dress was perfect; and also even though Jennifer Lopez''s dress was a little funky I thought it worked great for her personally and the color flattered her skin quite well!

On a random note, did anyone see Lauren Hutton''s ODD outfit? It was like a tailored female tux with pompoms on the bottom of capri pants, black heels, black leather tan stitched GLOVES and then the crowning touch was some indonesian brightly colored woven sling purse which she wore over her front. Crazy! It was seriously a study in WTF?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I like this shot. I hope she''s finally happy....

and boy does this dude get better looking or what?

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I love the dress that Jennifer Lopez had on.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh did anyone else bust up laughing at the whole russell crowe joke that the host made, and then when they panned to nicole kidman and keith urban and they were so not laughing, oh snap...sooo funny..and jamie foxx right next to them was just cracking up.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock

Date: 3/6/2006 1:52:34 PM
oh did anyone else bust up laughing at the whole russell crowe joke that the host made, and then when they panned to nicole kidman and keith urban and they were so not laughing, oh snap...sooo funny..and jamie foxx right next to them was just cracking up.
What was the joke?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
it was something like he was saying that he was surprised Cinderella Man didn''t win best Makeup award, because it would be really hard to make Russell Crowe look like he''d been in a fight. obviously tongue in cheek!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 2:10:43 PM
it was something like he was saying that he was surprised Cinderella Man didn''t win best Makeup award, because it would be really hard to make Russell Crowe look like he''d been in a fight. obviously tongue in cheek!
Oh, I got it.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Looks to me like JLo got a little carried away with the tanning lotion....

And I sorta liked Charlize'' dress...except for that bow....

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Widget,

I agree, I liked the dress itself, but that bow had to go!
14.gif
It reminded of a parrot sitting on her shoulder.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t think it was flattering at all. (maybe even FLATTENING!) Where did her bustline disappear to?
The dress looked too big.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Re: C.T. dress. Not that this is the end all of believable - but Joan Rivers & daughter were on one if the talk shows & they said it was a beautiful dress in person. They said it read horrible to the camera. It was a beautiful shade of green & that in 3D it worked. Could be.

Loved J.Lo''s dress - yeah - a little heavy handed with the self tan J?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oprah is having her after Oscar special now for those on the East Coast.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
However it translated in 3D, it sure didn''t come close to

charlize.jpg

tiger007g

Shiny_Rock
To go against the tide, I loved Charlize''s dress.
1.gif

But then again, I know I have strange taste in clothes... I like strange avant-garde looking stuff that is asymmetrical, or with pouffy sleeves etc. etc. I love designers like Alexander McQueen and Costume National. Who designed her dress?

BTW: How awesome is Salma Hayek''s figure?? She is in her late 30s and I read in some magazine that she never exercises and eats whatever she wants. You''ve got to envy a woman like that!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results