shape
carat
color
clarity

Original & Updated ring

PrincessPeach

Rough_Rock
I've been married for nearly three years, but have never shared pictures of my rings; instead, I admire everyone else's beautiful and enchanting sparklies! :bigsmile:

My original e-ring was in a trellis solitaire setting. I changed the settinga few months ago to include two stones that were my grandmother's earrings for sentimental purposes. However, as time passes, I notice the poor quality of the stones compared to the original center stone.

I may change the setting to either a 4-prong or 6-prong setting if the sidestones continue to bother me, and simply make them into earrings.

Some specs:

Carat: .75
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Cut: Ideal

Sidestones: approx .50ctw; IJ; I1-I2 (the cut is quite uneven)

Wedding band: 1ctw; HIJ

I apologize for the poor quality of my pictures - I'm an amateur and my camera is ancient!!

IMG_0848.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have to agree with you that I couldn't handle mismatched side stones to an ideal cut center. Those stones sound like much better earring stones. :))

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1305861694|2926275 said:
I would have to agree with you that I couldn't handle mismatched side stones to an ideal cut center. Those stones sound like much better earring stones. :))

I agree with this! The difference in cut/color would bother me- especially staring at it on my hand. I think those stones would be lovely for earrings :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a very pretty wedding set, but would love to see a clearer pic if you want to give it a try!

PrincessPeach

Rough_Rock
this is the original e-ring, I was able to find a clearer picture! :bigsmile:

123.jpg

PrincessPeach

Rough_Rock
Aclearer picture of the current set. I know this will sound strange...but I think there is too much 'bling' factor with the three stone and wedding band. I kind of appreciate a simple set. Hmm...what do you think?? :confused:

IMG_1174.JPG

PrincessPeach

Rough_Rock
One last pic...sorry, I don't know how to add them in one single post...

Memory Card Backup Sept 2010 130.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer it w/o the side-stones - your center stone looks bigger that way!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
motownmama|1306203150|2928767 said:
I prefer it w/o the side-stones - your center stone looks bigger that way!

Ditto! I much prefer your trellis setting and diamond band as a set. Gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results