shape
carat
color
clarity

Original E-Ring on Left hand or new e-ring?

JuneGirl79

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

I am new to posting to the sight... I've been a shameless lurker of everyone's beautiful rings!!! I love them all!! I have kind of a long story... so thank you in advance for reading!! =D

My hubby and I got married when we were 20 and we've been married for 5 years. I love my original E-Ring. My mother actually picked it out and at the time I didn't know that much about diamonds so I saw how sparkly the ring was and fell in love with it. It is very unique and I have yet to see anything like it.... even here on Pricescope!! I don't know all of the specific details but I do know the center is VSI1 with E color. I have been searching for the cert. so I could post everything on here but I can't find it =[ It's a WG 1/2Ct. princess cut center stone with two side trillion cut diamonds on the side and 26 tiny diamonds on the band. I love this ring and about a month ago one of the trillions fell out because a prong broke =[ I was so sad!!

My husband being the sweet man he is went out and bought me a completely new set! (bless his heart) The ring he got is very pretty .97ct RB SI1 and J in color. It sure is big and sparkly and I love the new ring too. I thought that he was crazy because it would have been much cheaper to get the ring repaired but he said that he thought that the ring broke because it was junk, which it most certainly is NOT! I had the ring repaired, re-dipped, and un-soldered (from original wedding band that I hated.) and it looks GORGEOUS!! I fell in love with it all over again when they brought it out to me!!

Now originally I had planned on wearing the solitaire as my wedding set, with it on my left hand and wearing my old one as a RHR on my middle finger. I really think the solitaire looks pretty on my left hand since it is so simple and classic, and I think the original e-ring looks pretty on my right hand because it is very flashy and looks like a RHR because of all of the diamonds. I told my mother this and she was kind of shocked that I would do this because the original e-ring is what my husband and I were married with and I should wear that one on my wedding finger. I hadn't even thought of that to be honest... and I asked a friend of mine and she had the same feelings. I asked my husband if he was bothered that I was going to wear my original e-ring on my right hand he said that he didn't care as long as I was happy.

I was curious what everyone's thoughts were on this. Is there some kind of protocol as to what ring should be worn on what finger?

I appreciate those who took the time to read this!! You can see the pics below too!! The pictures are terrible because I don't know how to take good pictures yet... but they pictures just don't show how pretty they both are!!!

photo[28].jpg

photo[29].jpg

photo[30].jpg

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock
I know nothing about ring etiquette, but I have a few ring sets, and I never even wear the one I was married with. My husband doesn't wear his original wedding ring either.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha I cant even wear my original ring anymore, I out grew it and it cant be sized anymore :(sad anyway I wear several different rings as a wedding ring, none are the original, my hubby said the same thing yours said, wear what makes you happy, its just a symbol even if you wear none you are still married, wear what makes you happy!!! both rings are beautiful!

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
I don't know what is "traditional" but I think your original e-ring looks wonderful as a RHR and you should do what makes you happy. You can always switch it up too....

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know that there is any 'etiquette' - I say wear them however they best suit you.

Both of your rings are beautiful - your hubby is a gem too for buying you a new ring!

Thanks for sharing and enjoy both of your beautiful rings!

JuneGirl79

Rough_Rock
mrsjacob: That is actually a good point!! My husband doesn't wear his original wedding ring either... we bought him a new one years ago!! Maybe I'm just taking it too personally!?

diamondrnglover: You make a great point, even if I don't wear a ring I am still married!! I love that! I'm sorry about your original e-ring =[ May I ask why it can't be sized anymore?! I have never heard of that!! That kind of scares me! I've had the original e-ring sized at least 4 times now, my weight has fluctuated so much!! :oops:

Mrsacornblue: I love that idea of switching it up!! I kind of thought about it but after hearing everyone say that I should wear it on my wedding finger it made me think that I should change my mind. I have it sized now to fit my middle finger... so that means it's way too big to fit my ring finger... I suppose I could get a ring size adjuster... I've never used one before... so not sure if it's worth it.

MissGotRocks: You're right... I should wear them however I want as long as it makes me happy!! I really am not sure how I got so lucky with my husband!! I must have done something right!! Thank you for your compliments!! :bigsmile:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
aww how sweet of him to buy you a new ring!

I would wear it however makes YOU happiest! I think having the new one on your left hand and the old one on the right hand is a great idea!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
How nice of him to get you a new ring!! Lucky Girl!

The original ring LOOKS FANTASTIC as a RHR and the new ring LOOK GORGEOUS with your wedding band so I say wear it that way. Besides, its the wedding band that you say the vows with and not the ering. I didnt even wear my ering when I was saying my vows (I put it back on after we signed the marriage license).

If your hubby doesnt mind then do whatever makes YOU happy :D . You will always have people putting in their 2 cents worth. Ignore them!!

Congrats on a the beautiful new ring. Wear it in good health!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the other posters. Whatever makes you happy!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love your new solitaire set and it looks right at home on your left hand and your original ering looks fabulous as a RHR.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
I think you can do whatever makes you happy. The new e-ring makes the most sense on your left hand and IMO it will be a little strange to wear on your right, whereas the old one works perfectly either way. If it were me, I would want to wear both so I would do the new set on the left hand the old ring on the right.

And you could definitely always switch it up and wear your older or newer set only when you want to limit the amount of diamonds you're wearing.

Best of luck, I love them both!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover: You make a great point, even if I don't wear a ring I am still married!! I love that! I'm sorry about your original e-ring =[ May I ask why it can't be sized anymore?! I have never heard of that!! That kind of scares me! I've had the original e-ring sized at least 4 times now, my weight has fluctuated so much!! :oops:

I am sorry I wasnt very clear..my fault I was talking about my wedding band not my e-ring, I dont have my original e-ring it was reset a long time ago and I have upgraded it about 10-11 years ago, my original wedding band cant be sized anymore because of the pattern that goes all the way around the band, the last time it was sized it created a fissure in the gold, I might one day take it to a jeweler and see if they can fix it and size it.....

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
I agree with everyone else! Wear it how you want if its not an issue with your hubby. I wear my "promise" ring on my right ring finger from my high school sweetheart who died in a plane crash a few years ago...some people have commented on it (its a tiny solitaire) and are shocked when they learn it is not from my fiance...but he actually thinks that its sweet and says he hopes I would do the same with my ering if anything ever happened to him.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they look fabulous the way you are wearing them... after all, couples grow together and a marriage continues to develop and change as time goes on, so why can't our jewellery collections? :bigsmile:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
DandiAndi|1310827176|2970344 said:
I think they look fabulous the way you are wearing them... after all, couples grow together and a marriage continues to develop and change as time goes on, so why can't our jewellery collections? :bigsmile:

I agree- it is about how you and your husband feel about it. I think your original looks lovely as a RHR personally!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I've seen many people wear them on their right hands and I always think that is a nice thing to do. And your ring will look lovely as a right hand ring so I say 'go for it'!

JuneGirl79

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your replies! I've made the decision to do what makes me happy and wear my original e-ring on my right hand... :D you all are right I should do what I want and as long as my husband is ok with it, it's fine. I do like the suggestions about switching it up too. I've been looking into those little ring size adjusters to see if those might be a good idea for when I feel like wearing my original e-ring on my wedding finger. Has anyone ever tried them? Some of them look really bulky and like they would feel very noticeable when wearing them. I see they have metal ones too but I've read that they scratch the metal... does anyone have any experience with the adjusters??? I appreciate everyone's thoughts!!!

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock
I do. The plastic ones are uncomfortable and I couldn't stand it. It felt like I was carrying something in my hand all the time.

I had a temporary metal sizer put on by my jeweler, and yes, it definitely did scratch my ring.

Luckily I didn't have to deal with it long. I was only trying to wait until after the dinner party where we announced our engagement to our friends, and then I promptly had it sized down.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results