shape
carat
color
clarity

Origin & Age of 14ct Gold Gem Set Bracelet & Earrings

Anne1942

Rough_Rock
Hello All

I have been given this very pretty bracelet which is marked '14ct' and is rose gold in colour, it is set with various stones which include emeralds, pearls and opals. Many of the stones I am unable to identify but I am told the white stones are likely to be white sapphires.(a good friend used a diamond tester on these and they registered one red bar on their tester, having been set at 5)) The bracelet measures 8.25 inches long and the combined weight of the bracelet and earrings is 25.5g. I know it has some age because the giver told me this but I would love to know what part of the world it came from and a possible date of manufacture. I have seen other pieces which have used stones to spell out names or phrases could this combination of stones also spell out something.

Any help that this forum could give would be very much appreciated.

Yours

Anne
fullsizeoutput_2820.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2822.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is really pretty!
It looks like these are genuine stones. Opals, garnets, emeralds and pearl for sure. The others are possibly chrysoprase, red coral, pink tourmaline and white sapphire? I don't think the stones spell out anything because the colors are evenly placed around the bracelet.
The design looks like 1930s or 40s to me. "Machine age" is a tern we recently discussed on this forum, and this looks a little like that design style to me.
However, the earrings don't really match, so maybe these two pieces weren't originally a set.
Very nice!

Last edited:

Anne1942

Rough_Rock
Wow, this is really pretty!
It looks like these are genuine stones. Opals, garnets, emeralds and pearl for sure. The others are possibly chrysoprase, red coral, pink tourmaline and white sapphire? I don't think the stones spell out anything because the colors are evenly placed around the bracelet.
The design looks like 1930s or 40s to me. "Machine age" is a tern we recently discussed on this forum, and this looks a little like that design style to me.
However, the earrings don't really match, so maybe these two pieces weren't originally a set.
Very nice!

Hello Stracci2000

Many thanks for the information it is very much appreciated. I have to be honest its not really my thing but I can see why someone might love it. While it was a gift I was told at the time that if I liked I could dispose of it and buy something more to my taste with the residue. I think I will mull it over and consider what to do next. So done be surprised if you see it popping up somewhere like the dreaded ebay.

Kindest Regards

Anne

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it's a really nice piece, but If you don't really like it, then maybe you can sell it to someone who will wear it.
I have someone in my family who keeps giving me jewelry that I really dislike, but I don't have the heart to tell them! So, yeah, I understand!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results