shape
carat
color
clarity

ORDERING TODAY. Which stone? Opinions Please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aztec22m

Rough_Rock
Have decided on a diamond from Whiteflash in their 4 prong Tiffany setting. Opinions on these two. I''ve read as much as I can about fluorescence but not being able to see the stone I do not know. I assume that is the main difference in the price. Both stones have a HCA of 1.7. Thanks for anyones opinion on these.

1.224 ct H SI1 Round Ideal Cut
$5,686.00

. Report: AGS
. Shape: Round Ideal Cut
. Carat: 1.224
. Depth %: 61.3
. Table %: 55.6
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 15.3
. Star : 52.5
. Pavilion Angle: 40.9
. Pavilion %: 43.1
. Lower Girdle %: 77.4
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 6.89-6.97X4.23
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Strong Blue

1.246 ct H VS2 Round Ideal Cut
$7,045.00

. Carat: 1.246
. Depth %: 61.4
. Table %: 55.8
. Crown %: 15.4
. Star : 52
. Lower Girdle %: 75.4
. Measurements: 6.92-6.94X4.26
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Excellent
. Fluorescence: Negligible

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I''d pick the second one because it fits within my comfort range in all areas. But I think you have to consider whether the price difference is worth it to you.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi aztec,

You''ve picked two good stones. Assuming the first one is eyeclean, and the fluorescence doesn''t affect the stone, I''d pick that one. I wouldn''t pay the extra 1300.00 if you you don''t need to. The price difference is due to the clarity difference, maybe a bit for the flo, and the fact that the second one is an ACA.

When you call WF, ask if the first is eyeclean, and how the stone looks in direct sunlight. If it''s ok on both, then you can decide.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I would purchase the first one, providing that its eyeclean...have you asked them? I love SB flour and I definitely don''t see the need to pay all that extra money if the first stone is eyeclean...why pay for something you can''t see (so to speak)? :)

aztec22m

Rough_Rock
I have sent them an e-mail and asked them. I had looked at another stone that had "very strong" fluorescence but decided not to buy it. I was going with VS2 since my girlfriend has very good eyesight and a few months ago we looked at some diamonds that she could see the inclusion and I could not. But she had to look at it very closely to pick it out. I would look at it with a loupe to see it. But I agree with the $1300 in savings...If I could see the stones side by side then I could decide. One of the downsides of buying from online. I don''t mind paying the money if there is a visible difference.

Thanks for everyones input.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
aztec, if you''re wanting a stone where she can''t see anything, just tell WF she has really good vision, and you don''t want to be able to see anything from any distance at any angle. They''ll be honest with you.

Let us know what you decide!

aztec22m

Rough_Rock
I just heard back from Whiteflash and ordered the:

$5,686.00

in the 4 prong platinum tiffany setting. After reading about another buyer on Pricescope I did consider the exceldiamonds tiffany but from the gentleman that posted his Whiteflash setting I could see it would be quite nice. Whiteflash said the two diamonds looked almost identical but if anything the blue fluorescence made that one just a bit brighter.

I''ll post the pictures from Whiteflash when I get them.

Thanks for the opinions and adivice.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good dea!!

Can''t wait to see the pics!

kev_800

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 2:13:56 PM
Author: aztec22m
Here is a link to the actual diamond:

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-183741.htm#

They will mount it and send the photo to me tomorrow before shipping. I''ll post it when they do. They said the only time you could see the fluorescence was under a black light so I''m hopeful that it looks good.
Well, the stone will flouresce any time light with a uv component strikes it. Since a blacklight is mostly in the UV spectrum, that is when you can tell very clearly, but natural sunlight contains UV rays -- its just that the effect is slightly drowned out by other portions of the visible spectrum as well....

personally I really like the way blue flourescence looks. That is a nice looking stone! I think you picked a great one, especially for that price!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

sdunlap10

Rough_Rock
Good choice, I''d been eying that one for the past couple of weeks. You''ve certainly made my decision easier

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone...please share pics when you get them!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
SB fl. be still my heart. Drooling all over my keyboard at the thought of this one. I cannot wait to see it when it is finished. If you forget to post pics, you''re in trouble mister!!!
2.gif

shay

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Love it! Nice choice! I''m swooning over the strong blue!

aztec22m

Rough_Rock
Whiteflash will be shipping it today and will send me their pics before they do so. I will post them as soon as I get them. I have never seen a diamond with Strong Blue fluor and did not buy one I had been looking at with very strong. I will recieve the ring tomorrow and make another post once I''ve seen it.

Thanks to everyone. The forum has educated me and I think I was able to get a good stone at a good price.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to the pics. Please take some sunshine pics when you get the ring. I love strong blue fluor.
emwink.gif

aztec22m

Rough_Rock

HERE IT IS. IT LOOKS GOOD TO ME. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK??

$5,686.00

. Carat: 1.224
. Depth %: 61.3
. Table %: 55.6
. Crown %: 15.3
. Star : 52.5
. Lower Girdle %: 77.4
. Measurements: 6.89-6.97X4.23
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Fluorescence: Strong Blue

Whiteflash_0214_compressed.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results