shape
carat
color
clarity

Ordering Ring From Jewler

StIgnatius

Rough_Rock
I found an e-ring that I like that was in a catalog that the jeweler had. This ring also has a matching wedding band. The only thing is the retailer couldn't tell us the band thickness because they don't have a current mold of it, they won't know until they put it into production I guess. My concern is getting a ring that is dainty. That is one of the things I know my girlfriend doesn't want, a dainty band. Soooo I'm trying to decide if I should risk it. It looks like it tapers going towards the bottom. What would you do in my situation? Go for it? I've looked at many settings. This is my favorite by far. I could always get an anniversary ring to add to it to make it bigger later on. Okay I'm getting it :clap:

My center stone is also only .60, so I guess thinner is not a bad thing.

Here are picks of it:

side2_0.jpg

side1.jpg

Q

Queenie60

I would not purchase something that I could get "stuck" with - if they can't provide the specs of the ring, you should walk away. There are many jewelers that you can work with and I'm sure that most of them would provide measurements, etc. Sounds as if they're too lazy or unwilling to contact the manufacturer of the setting to confirm the specs of the setting. I suggest you take your business elsewhere. This would be a red flag for me. Good luck. :wavey:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The jeweler should get on the phone and call the manufacturer. It isn't hard and the manufacturer will have all the specs. I would look for another jeweler.

StIgnatius

Rough_Rock
I ended up not ordering this ring... :lol:

My jeweler found out what the size was from the manufacturer, it was 1.7mm. Ahh! (not saying that's bad, but it's not what I was looking for).

On another note. I ended up buying a set from him I saw at his store 2 months ago. When I first went back into his store ( a couple weeks ago) that same set popped out at me. I then decided to check out a couple more designs before making my decision (aka above^).

Well, decision made! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results