shape
carat
color
clarity

Ordering from Gem Trader

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
Ok, sometimes I can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Can someone please explain to me how to order something from Gem Trader? I emailed them about what I needed to do to finalize a transaction, once it was confirmed to me that the item was still available, and wanted to know if I could use Paypal, but I received no response (which concerns me, because I've ordered from other sources and I've always received prompt responses). I did read where you send two emails(?) I'm not sure what this means.

Thank you in advance for your help.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, you email all correspondences to Brad and payments are done via PayPal.

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish he had a 'cart.' I personally do not like buying things by email correspondence.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
it doesn't bother me, TL. allows him to make sure first responder actually gets the gem.

puttiing a stone in a cart would possibly tie it up until you checkout....and then when you checkout what if you decided to not buy it? he may have lost a sale in the meantime.

i also like the personal aspect of it.....for instance, the matched pyropes were already reserved but he let me know he might have another set.

anotsomadhatter

Rough_Rock
It requires a bit of a wait, yes. I do prefer being able to ask questions and make sure my purchase is right instead of hitting the "buy now" button because I'm afraid someone else will snag it while I'm asking said questions.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1323363514|3077110 said:
it doesn't bother me, TL. allows him to make sure first responder actually gets the gem.

puttiing a stone in a cart would possibly tie it up until you checkout....and then when you checkout what if you decided to not buy it? he may have lost a sale in the meantime.

i also like the personal aspect of it.....for instance, the matched pyropes were already reserved but he let me know he might have another set.

Yes, but at least with a cart, you know for sure that the vendor isn't picking and choosing their customers. Not saying that Brad does that, but at least it seems more convenient to me, and what if your email is lost in cyberspace or spam, as often happens. I have decided not to buy gems from dealers that have small drops and only correspond through email.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
[quote="TL|1323372670|3077224...... I have decided not to buy gems from dealers that have small drops and only correspond through email.[/quote]

personal choice which in this case lessens the competition for the rest of us....... :appl: ;))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW, think I'm starting to agree with TL...I swear I emailed Brad not more than an hour after his email blast and didn't even get a response...I was after the cuprian (not that I needed another stone).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results