shape
carat
color
clarity

ORDERING ERING FROM USA VIA internett-PLEASE HELP

daydreaminguk

Rough_Rock
HI there,

I just recently got engaged :twirl: . My fiance is letting me choose the ring for a budget of £4000-5000 which is approx $8000.
Ive fallen in love with the harry winston cushion cut with singe halo and micropave ....I MEAN LOVE - is it scary to say i dream about it !!!
Im looking to get a replica with a center cushion of approx 1-1.5ct say around colour G and clarity anything between SI1 and VS1. also one without the 'crushed ice' look. I would like to have it set in 18K white gold simply to cut costs but if i could afford platinum, that would be great.

SO i recently went on a trip to Hatton Gardens in London hoping to get a deal( I reside in the Uk), many jewelers that said i could get the ring in approx 0.9-1 ct made in white gold for exactly £5000 i.e the max of the budget.

HERES THE PROBLEM....my boyfriend lost his job and is now surviving on his savings and i feel awful for getting the ring if its gonna cost the max budget. :(( we probably wont get hitched for another few years or so.

Ive been looking around and doing my research and lots of people have been talking about buying rings from Engagement rings direct, leon mege, good old gold, blue nile etc, saying you can get better daimonds and deals.

But im worried about

1. the quality of the diamond and workmanship if i dont actually get to view the ring :confused:
2. paying import taxes and etc to ship the ring to the UK :$$):
3. The return policy if i dont like the ring of have problems with it

Does anyone know if i can save some cash if i buy online?? ideally i would like to spend maybe £3000 or so.
Also has anyone living in the UK bought a ring from any of these sites or any other good recommendations and know the approx amount i would pay for taxes ?????and what sort of ring care i would get???

I would be so grateful if anyone could help, i'm in a super dilema. :???: :???: :???:

Thanks Very Much
Daydreaming

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will bump this for you because we have several UK members here. MissyDebbie has some rings from Leon Mege and I believe she is in the UK, and there are others. I think you'll have to go below 1.5 cts. because I was helping someone this week find a cushion diamond with a HW style setting and it ended up closer to $9000-10,000 with a 1.3 H VS diamond and setting. We can help you if you decide to order a ring, but I am going to find that thread to link for you since he was looking for almost the same thing!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-5-ct-cushion.160263/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-5-ct-cushion.160263/[/URL]

daydreaminguk

Rough_Rock
thanks for that link,

Do you know how i could contact missdebbie? also do you sell rings and /or diamonds? if so how can i view your items?

thanks

slg47

Ideal_Rock
hi, we are not allowed to sell items on pricescope. DS has given you some excellent advice, I would definitely contact ERD as they have made a lot of HW-inspired halo rings.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can contact missdebby by starting a thread titled "calling missdebby" and ask her about her experiences with Leon mege.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results