shape
carat
color
clarity

Ordered WF Studs, did I make the right decision???

KimberD

Rough_Rock
Trade
Ok, long story short... I had a very disappointing experience with WF that started in either Jan. or Feb. 2020. It was so disappointing that I am just now getting back to to it. I lost quite a bit in the deal so I'm not happy about that and was not about to try the custom ring route again with them. They gave me a partial credit so I decided to use that on something easy like diamond studs. Please tell me what your thoughts are. I really want to be happy with this purchase. The earrings would replace what would have been my 20th anniversary gift last June.

I actually ordered the bigger set. I had the smaller set on hold but eventually decided on the bigger diamonds. The smaller diamonds were a better match and both ACA but the bigger ones appealed to me. With the bigger set, one diamond is ACA and the other is ES. They are also I in color whereas, the smaller diamonds were H.

I ordered them in the 3 prong martini setting with the jumbo back.

Thoughts on color, brilliance with it being ACA & ES, size,,,???

Ok, I just noticed that in the ES ASET there is no green compared to the other 3. What does that mean?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you ask your SA about the two you bought to see if they are a good match? How picky are you about them being a
good match? I would have asked for side-by-side pictures of the two. Talk to your SA.

Red in the middle of the ES is fine.

KimberD

Rough_Rock
Trade
Did you ask your SA about the two you bought to see if they are a good match? How picky are you about them being a
good match? I would have asked for side-by-side pictures of the two. Talk to your SA.

This was her response:

Both of these diamonds are eye clean, and ideal cut, and come with the same benefits as the original pair. So really the main difference is the size/color trade off. But these will work nicely as a pair also!

KimberD

Rough_Rock
Trade

What do you think about the blue fluorescence in the ES diamond?

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
I totally think you made the right call for a number of reasons:
1. DDS will set in and if you had ordered the smaller, you have wished you ordered the larger.
2. I had an eternity band with ACA H and I color all VS clarity and I could not tell the difference. So in an earring the I's will be perfect.
3. I personally have become sensitive to VS clarity vs. SI clarity. I know none of the 4 were SI clarity, but I have found that to more of a deciding factor than H vs I. However, this is very personal and may not apply to everyone.
4. I have diamond studs in martini setting with jumbo backs - LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Jeweler rec. La pousette backs which within a month I was back and wanting a different option, presented jumbo backs and I've been a happy camper.
5. I would love to have ACA studs, however cannot bring myself to part with my studs. One of my studs is my first e-ring and it is so precious to me that I could never part with it. When I was considering what to do with the diamond when hubby upgraded my ring, I debated between pendant and earring. I ultimatley decided on studs for other very sentimental reasons. I think your choice is going to stunning, the setting and back combo perfect and you will be very happy with your choice.

only negative I have is really kinda silly: when I talk on my phone the studs scratches the crap out of the screen. Should have a screen protector but I don't and I won't give up my studs. Just thought I'd mention in case scratching your phone screen may bother you.

Out of curiosity- why did you choose an expert selection to go with an ACA? I'm by know means an "expert" and think the expert selection looks phenomenal. Just wondering...maybe the best size match?

FInal notę: hope this project goes better with WF. They really are a great company to work with and I'm sure they were disappointed that you were disappointed. All the best and many sparkly days:) :) :) Post pics when your twin beauties arrive!!!

KimberD

Rough_Rock
Trade
I totally think you made the right call for a number of reasons:
1. DDS will set in and if you had ordered the smaller, you have wished you ordered the larger.
2. I had an eternity band with ACA H and I color all VS clarity and I could not tell the difference. So in an earring the I's will be perfect.
3. I personally have become sensitive to VS clarity vs. SI clarity. I know none of the 4 were SI clarity, but I have found that to more of a deciding factor than H vs I. However, this is very personal and may not apply to everyone.
4. I have diamond studs in martini setting with jumbo backs - LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Jeweler rec. La pousette backs which within a month I was back and wanting a different option, presented jumbo backs and I've been a happy camper.
5. I would love to have ACA studs, however cannot bring myself to part with my studs. One of my studs is my first e-ring and it is so precious to me that I could never part with it. When I was considering what to do with the diamond when hubby upgraded my ring, I debated between pendant and earring. I ultimatley decided on studs for other very sentimental reasons. I think your choice is going to stunning, the setting and back combo perfect and you will be very happy with your choice.

only negative I have is really kinda silly: when I talk on my phone the studs scratches the crap out of the screen. Should have a screen protector but I don't and I won't give up my studs. Just thought I'd mention in case scratching your phone screen may bother you.

Out of curiosity- why did you choose an expert selection to go with an ACA? I'm by know means an "expert" and think the expert selection looks phenomenal. Just wondering...maybe the best size match?

FInal notę: hope this project goes better with WF. They really are a great company to work with and I'm sure they were disappointed that you were disappointed. All the best and many sparkly days:) :) :) Post pics when your twin beauties arrive!!!

Aw, thank you so much for your advice based on your personal knowledge. I loved all of the specs on the smaller diamonds just not the size. I was looking for .75 ct for each so I was doubting the size from the beginning. I would've really liked to have gone with ACA for the other diamond but they didn't have anything in the size that matched. I really do love the blue in the ES diamond though. I kind of wish the ACA had a little more of it. ;-)

Thank you for that. I totally understand. I think the issue was communication and not dealing with one person throughout the process. The ring I wanted duplicated belonged to my mom's best friend who is no longer with us. It was truly special and I wanted it made for my anniversary.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience before. I would trust your SA about the pair being a good match. ES stones are still held to extremely high standards, so I wouldn't worry about that. My only concern would be if they are a good match together, but it sounds like your SA thinks they are, which would be enough for me.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you think about the blue fluorescence in the ES diamond?

Its negligible just like the other stones.

Edit...looks like the SA thinks they will work together nicely as a pair. Can you get a side by side picture today? I know its the
weekend so not sure if they have a photog there today.

Last edited:

KimberD

Rough_Rock
Trade
Its negligible just like the other stones.

Edit...looks like the SA thinks they will work together nicely as a pair. Can you get a side by side picture today? I know its the
weekend so not sure if they have a photog there today.

I can ask.

KimberD

Rough_Rock
Trade
I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience before. I would trust your SA about the pair being a good match. ES stones are still held to extremely high standards, so I wouldn't worry about that. My only concern would be if they are a good match together, but it sounds like your SA thinks they are, which would be enough for me.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing them.;-)

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

KimberD

Rough_Rock
Trade
Can you tell by the pictures if they are low, mid or high I’s?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results