shape
carat
color
clarity

Ordered Princess Bezel Pendant from Brian Gavin!!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi folks!

Impulse purchase...I just bought a princess diamond pendant from BGD!

It's a setting I've liked for many years and which I've never seen anywhere else, a princess bezel set on its corners. You don't often see princess bezels in the first place, and this one is so pretty the way it's rotated. Something made me look at the BGD site today - I haven't done so in years - and I saw this setting and remembered how much I liked it. A few times in the past, I checked out diamonds, but they were more than I wanted to pay. Then today I saw a diamond at what I consider to be a great price. It just seemed like it was meant to be, especially after having a hard year.

Diamond stats: 0.5000
Color: E
Clarity: S1
Girdle: Medium
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good

I'm not familiar with what makes a good princess cut, so I asked BGD if they could tell me anything else about the stone. I also wanted to check that there wasn't a visible inclusion right under the table. Emily at BGD was so helpful and found a video of the stone, and she also told me that in her opinion, it was a really nice stone. Yay!

Setting:

BGD 1.png

But I don't want the milgrain, so mine's going to be more like this shot of the back of the pendant:

BGD 2.png

I don't mean to denigrate milgrain, but I only like it on Victorian/antique-style pieces, mostly ones that are floral in nature. To me, the design of this pendant is sleek and modern, so I wanted a smooth polished bezel.

Photo of the diamond:
BGD 3.png

Video of the diamond:

https://diamondmedia.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/B2C/Vision360.html?d=4143134502&sr=10&s=20

It was the video that sold me. As soon as I saw it, I was all "Ohhh, I must gobble it up!" (Given that I also thought it was a good price.)

I'm so excited! I first saw this setting and liked it about ten years ago. TEN YEARS!

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats. Please remember to post pics when you receive it.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks gorgeous - I am also someone who prefers plain over milgrain.

As gorgeous as it is did you see this thread regarding BGD and bezel settings? https://www.pricescope.com/communit...zel-set-and-the-policy-is-retroactive.280996/

Just in case upgrading was important to you.

Wow, I am so grateful to you for bringing this to my attention, HGar! That's so good of you!

I've upgraded bezel stud earrings before, but not with BGD. Luckily, my jewelry-buying days are mostly over as I have everything I need, and no money or desire for larger diamonds, but I do love bezels, and this policy could easily have been a deal-breaker for me in the past!

It's very kind of you to take the time to post this. If I'd been younger and buying round bezel studs or a round bezel pendant, I'd have really needed to know this. That was back in my upgrade days, lol!

I'm pretty surprised by the policy.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful setting, and the diamond looks terrific. Looking forward to seeing your photos!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely pics when you get it! I can hear the excitement in your post!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see this when it arrives! :kiss2:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Small update: The diamond I chose turned out to unavailable, and BGD chose another one for me, almost the same, but a grade higher in color and no extra charge. It's also not quite as deep so faces up a little larger than the original choice, too.

New stats:
0.50 carat D SI1 Princess
4.61 x 4.50 x 3.08mm

BGD New Diamond.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found a video:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Sharon! I have a half-carat round D and I love it. So snowy! I'm not 100% convinced that the cut is as good though. Looking at the video of this one as opposed to the original one that I chose, I think the scintillation looks crisper on the first stone. But never mind, they price-matched and this was a really good price, and it doesn't matter as much for a pendant anyway.

Edit: I shouldn't really have bought it, as I have a lot of jewelry already - including a half-carat round pendant - but I have loved this BGD setting for about ten years, and when a diamond came up at the right price...I think it will look very different from the round one, anyway. I love the way that the setting rotates the diamond so that it's not square. I think it's elegant!

Gosh, it must be well over ten years since I bought a certified diamond! I'm so excited!!!

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Sharon! I have a half-carat round D and I love it. So snowy! I'm not 100% convinced that the cut is as good though. Looking at the video of this one as opposed to the original one that I chose, I think the scintillation looks crisper on the first stone. But never mind, they price-matched and this was a really good price, and it doesn't matter as much for a pendant anyway.

Edit: I shouldn't really have bought it, as I have a lot of jewelry already - including a half-carat round pendant - but I have loved this BGD setting for about ten years, and when a diamond came up at the right price...I think it will look very different from the round one, anyway. I love the way that the setting rotates the diamond so that it's not square. I think it's elegant!

Gosh, it must be well over ten years since I bought a certified diamond! I'm so excited!!!

YOU deserve it! I can't wait to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Love both diamonds, sigh, and the kite-set pendant is dreamy. Can't wait for pictures!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How long, how long, how looonng???????

Will you have it set & on your neck in time for Christmas?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ibrakeforpossums Oh, KITE set? Is that the term? I did have something about kites in my mind, but I thought that would be an elongated square shaped diamond. Good to know the correct term! My kite-set princess. Yaas!

Last edited:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How long, how long, how looonng???????

Will you have it set & on your neck in time for Christmas?

LOLOLOLOL!

No, sadly I won't have it in time for Christmas! I kept dawdling over my diamond choice and lost two, and this one is coming from somewhere overseas and far away. I don't know where. So, no neck pics until January! It has to go from its current location to Texas, then the piece has to be hand-made, then it has to get to me, a long way from Texas. And it's the hols! Never mind, at least I can look forward to it! After the busy days (why is December always a nightmare even if you don't have kids???) when I lie down at night, I think of it before I go to sleep!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see this, my best ring is a kite-set Asscher. I'd LOVE a princess like yours.
You realize you'll need matching earrings.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Where are the goods, lady????:bigsmile::saint::wavey: I saw a princess pendant for sale on Era Gems and it triggered my thoughts to you. I'm not very patient! LOL Hope you are well.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results