shape
carat
color
clarity

Option Number 2

helent

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

My diamond merchant has quickly come back with another option so I hope you are all happy to provide further advice. Stats are as follows:

GIA 1126744103

Depth 60.3%
Table 59%
Crown Angle 33.0%
Pavilion Angle 41.0%
Cutlet None

Carat Weight 2.01
Colour E
Clarity SI1
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Excellent

I haven't seen this stone and am waiting to hear back if it is eye clean but in the meantime can I have some thoughts please? It scores 1.1 on the HCA. Thank you.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing to worry about from those numbers, your jeweller's opinion will yield more info :))

helent

Rough_Rock
Thank you Yssie - that sounds like good news. There are a number of Twinning Wisps shown on the report - should I be worried about those?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
helent|1300339577|2873793 said:
Thank you Yssie - that sounds like good news. There are a number of Twinning Wisps shown on the report - should I be worried about those?

If you want to be extra careful you can ask your jeweller to confirm that the stone is eyeclean and the inclusion pose no hinderance to brilliance/light return or durability, but I personally think with a reputably graded SI1 you don't need to be too worried about that latter. Make sure your jeweller knows what *you* mean by eyeclean (clean from 5" face up? from 15? from the sides?) so that he/she can vet the stone to your specifications - many vendors have their own standard definition of the term 'eyeclean' that may or may not suit your own wants.

helent

Rough_Rock
Thank you again Yssie!

Are there any other opinions on the stone?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto on what Yssie said.

Good luck with the eye-cleanliness check.

helent

Rough_Rock
Thanks Stone-Cold, I hoped to hear from you! If it looks eye clean would you still recommend checking with an ideal scope as I haven't got one yet.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Number is quite safe, but it is based on 8 different measurements and rounded. Other minor facets is also not taken into account, 8 star facets, 16 upper and lower girdle facets. For that large a purchase, I would prefer to take precaution, Idealscope is not that expensive an investment compared to the amount you are paying for the stone, but your mileage may differ. Or you could get an independent appraiser to look at the stone while still in your return period. I would ask Gary for some recommendations on appraisers in Australia.

helent

Rough_Rock
Thanks again - I feel much happier this time after the feedback so I will have a look tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

helent

Rough_Rock
PS the stone will cost $33,000 - is that within the price range you would have expected?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
In what currency?

helent

Rough_Rock
Sorry - Australian dollar which is currently equivalent to USD32 500

helent

Rough_Rock
It does include taxes but going by the prices you have provided I might have some room to negotiate! Thank you again Stone-Cold.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Twining wisps can actually be good inclusions to have because they are often invisible to the naked eye.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results