shape
carat
color
clarity

Opposed bar tourmaline pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.52 ct blue in one direction, green in the other. Doubt I''ll ever set it, but I think the pixelation effect is really nifty so I bought it anyways! It''s about 9 x 5mm.

tpix.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's a pretty indicolite, you should set it. Is it Namibian?

One of my first learner stones was an opposed bar indicolite, but it was so extinct, that it only flashed at you in bright lights. It was pitiful, but at the time, I thought I had a top gem stone. LOL!! The opposed bar cutting was it's only saving grace. Your stone is sooooo much nicer than mine.

hey joe

Rough_Rock
That is a nifty one.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Love it! I think it would make an awesome pendant.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I must say MTG..i like it very much..yes i do!!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a lovely tourmaline, eye clean, fun color.

But I don''t need another pendant (I don''t switch them often) and I prefer rings since I can see the stone! But this stone size/proportion seems awkward for a ring. I thought about setting it E/W but no rush. Maybe some day I''ll send it to sally to think up a fun ring design for me :)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a pretty color and I love seeing this cut-it''s so neat! How''s come you don''t want to set it?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2010 7:44:12 PM
Author: packrat
It''s a pretty color and I love seeing this cut-it''s so neat! How''s come you don''t want to set it?

I can''t think of a great way to set it. Also, after setting and wearing my other blue tourmaline, I don''t think the "pop" color is very...me. I like admiring it loose though :)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG - please set it. It''s really very pretty and deserves to be worn and seen.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
very neat stone!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 7:50:29 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Date: 4/20/2010 7:44:12 PM

Author: packrat

I can''t think of a great way to set it. Also, after setting and wearing my other blue tourmaline, I don''t think the ''pop'' color is very...me. I like admiring it loose though :)

Oops, sorry, I stayed in the reply screen too long!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I agree, it would be nice as a pendant. Or, as a fun east/west ring.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty stone!

Re sending it to Sally, I bet she would do something FAB U LOUS with it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this stone probably calls for a more modern setting.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG.
23.gif
I have been wanting one of these EXACTLY like that for AGES!!!!!! Please tell me where did you get it??????
30.gif

I just adore the pixelation effect.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Ooh I love it! Very cool.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Fab stone (& fantastic pics)!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Now that''s one interesting (and pretty) stone, certainly a cut you don''t see often! The most logical setting idea for me is to set it N/S with a channel of melee along each side, the center stone bar set or something like that. For an E/W setting, I''d only add one straight baguette on each side (baguette set N/S). Traps could work nicely for E/W as well.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that one of Gene’s? It’s really cool cut which makes it fun to play with. Like others, I think it’ll make an excellent pendant but a ring stone is fine too. In that case, it calls for something very modern and cutting edge to go with the unique opposed bar design.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results