shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinon on RIchard Homer Sapphires Please.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi All,

Some of you may know that my wife's diamond from her engagement ring fractured. We are in the market for a sapphire(and a new setting) to replace what has been lost, and we have narrowed the search down to a few stones from Richard Homer.

I'd love to get some opinions on these Sapphires.

I am also struggling with the type of setting that would be best for each color.

We had such a great experience when we purchased the 2.4 ct tsavorite from Richard, it has been a no brainer going with him again. It's just so difficult to choose.

5959PkSapph.jpg

5970LavSapph.jpg

6454BSapphOv.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm no expert, but that pink is amazing.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's definetly a personal preference when it comes to color but I agree that the pink is TDF!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
The pink sapphire is gorgeous but I also really like the sleepy lavender sapphire. The blue isn't doing much for me.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour of the first one really jumps out, but ovals are my least favourite shape, personally. The lavender one is very pretty, though more subtle. I like its cut the best. The blue one is just okay, IMHO. What does your wife like? Does she have a favourite cut, in general?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't even want to give you my opinion because coloured gemstones are very very very personal to the wearer. Some people adore pink stones and others think they look gaudy and cheap. If I were you, I would most definitely ask your wife to choose, especially for something as important as a new e-ring. If she's more conservative then she may lean to the blue. some ladies don't like their jewellery to stand out too much (a concept that's totally alien to most blingsters on this forum - but we're not "normal" bling wearers in general)!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I really like the lavender one. Then the pink and lastly the blue.

lil425

Shiny_Rock
I must admit I am VERY partial towards the pink stone, so much so that I had contacted Richard about 2 months ago about that very stone but it was way over my budget. I think it is amazing!!!!!!

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
I think bright ice is right - that its all a matter of personal preference... If I were to select one of the three stones presented, I'd actually pick the blue sapphire (though so far the pink is the popular vote). There are actually photos on PS of a ring set with one of Richard's blue sapphires and I think it's absolutely stunning. But that's just me! Your wife's taste might be much different than my own.

Good luck, they're all incredible so I don't think you can go wrong no matter which you decide on!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not the blue.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
good, crasu, 'cause i like the blue!

T

talamasca

It's really depends on whether she would like something subtle or not.

I LOVE the pink, but it would be a bit too much for me as an everyday e-ring so I would go for the lavendar, which is extremely pretty.

I'm not keen on the blue - it's not blue and dark enough for me.

But, it's all a matter of personal taste :D

As for setting ideas, I would def put trilliants in a three stone trellis with the pink, as for the other two I'm really not sure, especially with regard to the lavendar, sorry :roll:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I'm not a huge fan of pink so I would go for the blue one. What does your wife think?

amertrine

Rough_Rock
I don't even like pink but thats the winner of the three for me.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pink is my favorite but I'm not sure if I would want it for an everyday ring. I dont like the purple at all. I would
probably go with the blue for an engagment/everyday ring. Then do the pink as a RHR :cheeky:

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
I like the lavender by far the best, especially for an engagement ring (the size and color I think will make it more "universal" and comfortable to wear).

That said, I do think the best person to ask is your wife, which is her favorite?

fzpanda

Rough_Rock
Pink is breathtaking.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I am a fan of Richard Homer's cutting. I own two stones cut by him. I love the pink, but agree that as an everyday stone in an engagement ring, it might be tough to carry off -- that depends on your wife's lifestyle and preferences, of course.

The blue seems light in the photos, but I'll be it's a knockout in person. The blue would be my choice.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a difficult choice; you have presented us with 3 different colours (pink, lavender and blue) AND 3 different shapes. It's like asking if a PSer prefers a watermelon, honeydew or canteloupe (all within the melon family yet so diffferent).

1. The pink oval looks to be the strongest saturated but ovals aren't my favourite shape. Most people don't mind it though.
2. I love cushions and the lavender is a lighter saturated and dare I say, a little hazy? Perhaps that's the lighting glare in the picture.
3. Can't go wrong with a blue stone but the shape is sort of a mix between a round and oval and is commonly termed as a roval, which from the dimensions, will need a custom setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results