shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbonds

Rough_Rock
round
1.51 ct
Si1
J
depth = 60.9
table = 58
thin to med girdle
no culet
no FL
polish - very good
SYM = very good

7.38x7.46x4.52

$5k

should i reduce the ct and move the color up to I ?....$5k is my budget

thanks!

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
It depends on how obvious the color is to you. For my girlfriend, a 'K' color diamond was very obviously yellowish, so I'm definitely going to go up in the colorless realm.

Abazias

Rough_Rock
Another thing to consider is the color gold the diamond will be mounted in. If the diamond is set in yellow gold, you can mask the J color grade. If you are choosing platinum or white gold setting, the small amount of yellow tint in the J color will be more pronounced. The price seems very reasonable. Is the stone certified? If not, make sure the clarity and color grade is accurate.

Felicia
1.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
One of my diamonds is a J-color in platinum, and it still looks very white.

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Any info on the cut? Can you give crown and pavillion angles? And do you know specifics about the inclusions? An si1 may or may not be eye clean, especially at 1.5cts.

I would not be too concerned about the color, as long as the stone is well cut and eye clean!

-Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results