shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Izzi

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have been working with my jeweler. I had a new setting made, now we are trying to decide on a diamond.
Currently I am thinking about this diamond and would like some opinions please.

SI 2
H
thick to thin girdle
polished

The price tag is asking 1495.00, He told me he will sell it to me for 1195.00
It is eye clean and matches up will with the diamonds I am having put into a channel setting wedding band.
As i k now nothing about diamonds, I am wondering if this price sounds good??
emsmile.gif

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
In order to give you an opinion on the quality of that stone, we would need a lot more information on the measurments of the stone. Table%, Depth%, Crown angle & Pavilion angle. See if you can get those numbers.

My initial gut reaction is that you are getting way over charged.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Off the top of my non expert head, I would say there is too much variation in the girlde and you will lose a lot of weight there.

Like Gonzo said, we need more info to help you make an informed decision.

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
if you do end up deciding you want this one, look on bluenile, mondera, whiteflash etc for similar diamonds and then actually bring in a list of the prices you got from those sites and start looking to see how his price compares, i guarantee he''ll lower his price as soon as he sees youve done your research looking other places.

or better yet get the diamond online and have him set it into your ring that he is making for you :) pretend its "an old heirloom" or something if you think he''d get mad at you for not buying it from him!!!

Izzi

Rough_Rock
1.gif
Thank you guys for your imput.
I do not have any other information to give at this time.
Can you have try to find a diamond like this at a better price??
I diffenetly want sparkle!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, I think 1200 is a good price...as LONG as it''s "ideal."

Izzi

Rough_Rock
I personally think the diamond looks lovely in person. I am not buying this stone for future value so I can be satisfied with it.
I will find out right now if it is Ideal cut.
1.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
don''t ask your jeweler if it ideal cut...heh. get the GIA number.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results