shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions to a 2nd time bride from a 2nd time bride??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ThefutureSB

Rough_Rock
For both FI & I this is our second marraiges, and I know the etiquette is white is a NO NO.

We plan to marry next May 08, in Destin on the beach... So far i''m thinkin a cute lil sundress (yellow)

But now i''m having second thoughts... any opinions?
Thanks
35.gif

dress3.jpg

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
I am not one for traditions so I would say, if you wanted to wear white, go right ahead.

If you prefer a sundress and are just looking for an opinion on that one, I think it has lots of sex appeal. Yellow isnt the most flattering color on me, I would probably opt for a lower key pale yello, light blue, or pink. But if the color looks good on you and bright fresh colors is what you are going for then I think that one would be a good fit.

Alot of beach weddings I have seen pics of usually feature more flowing styles (of course I would be worried the dress would blow right up over my head =)

cRaSh

Shiny_Rock
Coming from a second-timer, I would say if you want to wear white, do it. If I were going to have another wedding, I would go with a white dress if I found one I really liked. Everyone knows that I have been married once, but I don''t think anyone would point out the fact that I shouldn''t be wearing white. Some people probably aren''t even aware of the "rule".

I don''t think traditional rules apply so much anymore. Even though it''s your second, treat it like it''s your first. It''s a new beginning. You should feel free to do what you like.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 3:21:39 PM
Author: Gwyn

I am not one for traditions so I would say, if you wanted to wear white, go right ahead.

If you prefer a sundress and are just looking for an opinion on that one, I think it has lots of sex appeal. Yellow isnt the most flattering color on me, I would probably opt for a lower key pale yello, light blue, or pink. But if the color looks good on you and bright fresh colors is what you are going for then I think that one would be a good fit.

Alot of beach weddings I have seen pics of usually feature more flowing styles (of course I would be worried the dress would blow right up over my head =)
That''s what I was thinking too. Whenever I picture a wedding on the beach, I imagine a dress that flows and sways lightly in the breeze. I don''t think the color matters so much -- (I''d personally opt for a lighter color), so I wouldn''t worry about wearing white. If you want to wear a white dress, I don''t see why you shouldn''t.

Congratulations on your engagement, by the way!

laine

Brilliant_Rock
It seems to me the issue isn''t so much wearing white, as it is wearing a huge white wedding gown. The two second weddings I can think of have both been older brides: one wore an off white dress, the other wore a pale blue suit (both MOB type outfits).

For a beach wedding, I think a sundress is a great choice, and I think a white one would be fine, as long as it wasn''t over the top bridal, or a color is great too, if you prefer that. I think the dress you posted does seem a little sexy. Personally, I would go for something a little more flowy, a little longer, and a little less cleavagey.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I concur with SandDiegoLady. I was recently married on the beach and wore white. I am older (46) and this was not either of our first weddings.

When we first talked about getting married on the beach, I had thoughts of a simple, non-white dress, but the more I thought about, the more I wanted the more flowing, white dress. Mine was not traditional, but fairly simple yet elegant.

Bottm line -wear what makes you and your husband-to-be comfortable :)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 3:32:04 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 4/17/2007 2:46:42 PM
Author:ThefutureSB
For both FI & I this is our second marraiges, and I know the etiquette is white is a NO NO.

We plan to marry next May 08, in Destin on the beach... So far i''m thinkin a cute lil sundress (yellow)

But now i''m having second thoughts... any opinions?
Thanks
35.gif
I''m a 40 year old second time bride.. and.. I wore white and it was FABULOUS. I didn''t have a wedding the first time, and I wore a tea length ivory dress the first time.. yick.
14.gif

I wouldn''t wear a sun dress like that for my wedding.. but that''s just me. When Steve & I renew our vows (funny to think about, since we are only going on our first anniversary. LOL), it will be less formal for sure.. and still beach related.. (We love the ocean!). Don''t let someone tell you that you can''t wear white.. I''m so glad I did. It made me feel amazing.

You can find my stuff in this post..
Stuff of mine I posted.. :)

SDL (Michelle),

I just wanted to say how beautiful your wedding looked! Your dress is incredible!!! You and Steve look so happy and I love all of the pictures. The one of you waiting in the captain''s cabin before the ceremony is gorgeous. It was like looking in a magazine.[ :)]

I wasn''t on PS back in August, so I just saw your original thread. Do you have info on your dress?

Sorry to hijack this thread SB!
1.gif

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I know everyone has a different conception of how they want to look on thier wedding day but if I did not choose to wear white for whatever reason, I still don''t think I would pick the dress you''ve posted. It might be due to the color but in any case, I''d want whatever I picked to look bridal-y.......at least a little bit. Maybe at least a tea-length? Or in a flowy material as others have suggested. I''ve seen wedding gowns with that sort of neckline but I think because they were longer, and therefore only showing skin in one general area instead of two, it looked so nice :)

I''m probably being too old fashioned though!!!!

Have you looked at champagne colored gowns? They have very simple gowns that will have a halter neckline that would lay off the white while still looking bridal. It''s darker than ivory but not nearly as yellow as the dress you posted.

ThefutureSB

Rough_Rock
well I had at first consulted FI about "the" dress and we are both wanting casual/comfy. but the more I look at that dress the more I don''t feel it''s appropriate, esp since his dad is marrying us!!

I do love the halter look though, or maybe spagetti strap with the princess cut bodice...

Well I have just over a year to decide... we have set a date!!! May 17, 2008 @ sunset!!!

Thank you ladies for all your input!!! I knew I could count on all your honest opinions, the are GREATLY appreciated!!!

and I may just wear white!!!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
wear white--its just a color and all brides are beautiful in it. there are so many flowy gorgeous halter styles. buy the yellow one for the honeymoon to wear to dinner. have fun and don''t worry about what people think--its your day. my friend is getting married for the 2nd time on the beach this june--she''s wearing white...so did my sil the 2nd time.
9.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I think you should wear what color you want to. I really don''t see 2nd time brides wearing non-white all that often. You could definitely get away with ivory or champagne and this would still look bridal.

Forgive me, but I think the dress you linked is a little too casual and va va voom looking. How about a silk tea length ivory dress instead?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was going to say (though I think you''ve strayed from the yellow dress anyway) that it is kinda ''sexy'' for a wedding...and now even moreso if his DAD is marrying you two!!!!

I went to a friend''s second wedding last year and she wore a beautiful ivory dress. Not the big poofy kind, but a wonderful, elegant ivory bridal dress and she looked FABULOUS. I say if you want to wear white, go for it.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww... ThefutureSB...

I dont mean to hijack your thread.. but I''m sooo excited for you to get married in Destin.. I just got married in Seaside (15 min. down the road from Destin) you are gonna LOVE it!!! Good luck to you..

and I''m a first time bride.. but here''s my two cents... wear what YOU want... white, yellow.. purple.. pink.. whatever you want!!!

Good luck to you!!!!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
White is for happiness. The veil is for virginity (first wedding). But do what you want to, it''s your wedding!

ThefutureSB

Rough_Rock
Yea, I have totally done a 180 on the dress hunt! lol
That yellow dress is NOT the direction I need to go, cept for maybe for the honeymoon!
31.gif

Thank you all SO MUCH for you input & I''ll be sure and check out those links ya sent me!

So FI & I just did some online window shopping and found this....

51708.jpg

ThefutureSB

Rough_Rock
kcoursole~ thank you SO much for those links!!! I''ll definately be looking into those, GREAT prices too!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 10:31:20 PM
Author: ThefutureSB
Yea, I have totally done a 180 on the dress hunt! lol
That yellow dress is NOT the direction I need to go, cept for maybe for the honeymoon!
31.gif

Thank you all SO MUCH for you input & I''ll be sure and check out those links ya sent me!

So FI & I just did some online window shopping and found this....
very cute dress, looks great! The yellow VS dress would be perfect for the honeymoon!

ThefutureSB

Rough_Rock
Ok, so FI picked out the other shorter white dress that I posted last night, it''s cute but we both fell in love with this one.... very simple, elegant and I am thinking of having it altered to were it is higher in the front and keep it long in the back....

Oh & the theme is "Barefoot on the Beach" so there will be NO shoes
36.gif

051708.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results