shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions & thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
My ealier price gap post was related to my search for a stone to go in this setting-Simon G. Jewelry This is the setting that my beloved has fallen in love with and she wants it filled with a blue sapphire. She has pretty small hands and delicate fingers, size 5. We are thinkjing that about 6.5-7.5mm is the right size stone to avoid overpowering her hand. Thoughts? My stone budget is $1000 or so, and neither of us have a strong feeling either way over heated versus unheated. I have not figured out yet which she likes best, but she has shown a decided "wow" at both the lighter corn flower blue, and the darker velvety blue. I bought her a nice cornflower blue sapphire and diamond ring last year for Christmas and she loves that one. Here are a couple that jumped out at me on my initial search-

SAPPHIRE, BLUE (Ceylon) – 1.54 ct. (All uses, H, Type II)

Gem Cottage

1.54ct HI-END FLAWLESS ROUND BEST BLUE CEYLON SAPPHIRE - eBay (item 330244227391 end time Sep-11-08 10:36:58 PDT)

Ceylon Sapphire

The E bay stone scares me, but I included it as a color example

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah...I wouldn''t buy any of those. If you''re wanting a round stone (because that''s what will fit in the setting you posted) you''ll probably have to go custom because there aren''t a lot of native cut rounds out there. And if they are out there, they will look like that ebay find--incredibly deep or otherwise wonky. Also, you aren''t going to get cornflower blue or the deeper kashmir-ish blue in that size within your budget. I''ve been conducting a similar search for my ering (spinel or sapphire) and the sapphires that are out there in that size are horribly cut, clarity, color or other faults unless you go with an off color. The only I found that had potential was a funky teal color that dropped the price big time. I should mention that the budget I''m working with was a bit smaller than yours. I''d try Richard Homer, Dan Stair, Jeff White, among others...

Good luck.

Lupinbunny

Rough_Rock
The stones on that e-bay site looked oddly like someone has photoshopped the windows out... they''re all just pleasantly blurry in the middle. Weird.

Richard Homer has some bits and pieces on his site a little smaller than you wanted, but in budget (6 - 6.5mm). My ring size is 4.5 US (finally went and looked that up! Had been wondering. They use a different system in the Commonwealth) and I think a 6mm stone with a fine halo looks really nice on me, so maybe you and your fiance could consider going down in size a little?
Homer''s blue sapphires are
here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results