shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions/thoughts on this stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rand_alThor

Rough_Rock
Carat Col Clar Dpt Tab Lab Gdl Cul Sym Pol Flr Measurements
2.04 F VS2 68.1% 67.0% GIA Slightly Thick N G VG MB 7.45X6.98X4.75

Using the charts this stone averages at around 2B. My greatest worry then would be the medium blue Flr. Experts valeria, niceice, mara, chris: please comment

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
1) What shape is this? It's obviously not a RB.

2) There's really not enough info to give you an educated answer, especially for a non-round. See if you can get a Sarin and get back to us.

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
From what the GIA says, it may not be too bad, but the GIA gives limited information. What shape is it? Are you dealing with an internet vendor or a B&M?

Rand_alThor

Rough_Rock
Sorry I forgot to mention this is a radiant cut. It's being offered by by an e-tailer. I'll ask them and see if I can get a sarin report.

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
I really think that fluorescence in a stone is so blown out of proportion. The way I see it is that the only time you really have to worry about it is when it is so intense that it makes the stone look cloudy. Fluorescence is supposed to mask color. Heck you got a God In America cert stating the color to be F. So what is fluorescence going to do? Make it look like a K. It is only moderate fluorescence. Hound.
errrr.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
The numbers look nice! Just two things: are you aware it's not square? Also, do you like fluorescence?
1.gif

Rand_alThor

Rough_Rock
I agree, its not a perfect square, L/W is about 1.07, We've seen some other 1.07 and to be very honest, you can't really tell. BTW I did see a 1.78 D with MB Flr and I liked the way it looked. Infact, IMHO I like the effect of MB Flr on a stone.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a winner
2.gif
one question remains: does it look like one too?
6.gif

Aside light return (which cannot be told by numbers, so you'd need to either get that red picture or see the stone knowing what to look for...), I could not imagine any detraction to this. Medium fluorescence is nothing to write home about (esp. that you have naught against it), the thing is square enough and the available "numbers" look sweet. Along the sam line: all that Sarin can contribure here is extra details of symmetry and the crown hight.

How about price? Seen or not seen, it is customary that fluorescence (anything but faint) to bring the price down a bit when spliced on a high color grade. This could be imaterial, since such a discount would not overpower the variations one can obsedrve in the retail price of rads amond different sellers, just one more detail to take into account when comparing stones form the same source.

Also, I hope you are comfortable with the variation of facet patterns "look" common in radint cuts, so this stone will not come as a surprise.

Any chance to see this through an IdealScope (either before purchase or during the return period)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results