shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions pls! - Non-matchy floral wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eyue

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
I''m a new poster (2nd post) but longtime lurker. I would love everyone''s opinion on this floral WB (Marlene Harris) w/ my e-ring.

eyue3.jpg

eyue

Rough_Rock
My e-ring:

eyue1.jpg

eyue

Rough_Rock
Here''s another of my e-ring. I really love the non-matchy look, but it is quite difficult to find one that is at least coordinated.

eyue2.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh...I love your ering!!! The little foral ring is really cute too. Can you return it if it doesnt look good with your
ering? I just wouldnt want to put anything next to your ering that distracts from it (its waaayyy to pretty). Anyhoo,
about the only wedding bands that I have seen with that type of ering are the 3 sided bands kind of like the band on your
ering. Not sure if it would sit flush or not (or if you really care). Honestly, I dont know if I would put any ring with your
ering. I say...buy and try it if you can send it back. Pics please if you do get it
1.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful halo ring! There''s alot going on there..designs..diamonds..etc. I think that floral band would be a bit much paired with the halo ring. I think a narrow plain band, small diamonds or design/pattern that isn''t so busy , would look best..but that is just ONE person''s opinion. The band is so detailed it would look good worn alone, or perhaps in the middle of two plain gold bands. Wouldn''t you want people to notice the halo ring, without distraction? It''s a pretty band..and Marlene''s pieces are fabulous!!

eyue

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input! I agree, the ering is pretty detailed. My husband thinks I should leave it as is. It''s hard to explain to him why I want a WB.

I was sort of going for the Sarah Michelle Geller look. I have a plain 2mm band, but it doesn''t really look right. Maybe because it''s too plain?

sarahmichellegellarle4.jpg

eyue

Rough_Rock
My plain band: (wow, my hands look dry!)

eyue4.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
WOW..I love it with the plain band..I can hardly wait to get my halo ring (YIPPEE), I want to wear it with a plain band to start! I'm having it made so that it will have a gap between the band and the halo ring, just as yours does! That is an amazing looking set if you ask me!! I am saving this pic you just posted in my "favourites".
PS. I think the plain gold with the contrast of the diamonds/design of the e-ring go really well together! The simplicity of the band, adds a certain elegance!! Thanks or posting that pic..I have been searching all over this forum for a halo ring that will be similar in style, paired with a plain gold band. Yours is the first I've seen!
30.gif

I'd love to hear more about the e-ring..where did the setting come from, is that a princess cut diamond? What else can you tell me? Thanks

eyue

Rough_Rock
Truly I am flattered! Well, if you like this look, I''ll give credit to Threepwood, who is the first one I''ve seen pairing a halo with a plain band. See this thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/halo-or-not.50863/

Regarding my e-ring, the center stone is a radiant. It looks square, though, rather than rectangle. The side stones are baguettes, and it has milgrain all around. I found the ring at a local jewelry store.

eyue5.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think both the bands are gorgeous enough on their own-I''ll throw in for the plain wedding band..what about doing a band a little thicker and having your names and wedding date engraved? My bff has a fancy 3 stone ring she wears on her right hand that she paired w/a thicker plain band and has her kids'' names engraved on it..the engraving is swirly and really pretty. I''ve got a thicker band w/my and my husbands names and anniversary date on it

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your e-ring is beautiful and I think the floral band would be too much. I think a thin, straight diamond band would look best with the e-ring.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 8:00:06 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Your e-ring is beautiful and I think the floral band would be too much. I think a thin, straight diamond band would look best with the e-ring.

Yes, I think a simple thin diamond band would be gorgeous! Beautiful ring!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like you plain band or maybe a tiny diamond band but I vote NO for the band in the 1st picture with your ring. Would be a pretty RHR though!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I''m not liking the plain gold band with your ering either. I say if you need something maybe a very thin diamond eternity band. Can you go try on some different bands somewhere?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the plain band with your e-ring. Your e-ring is gorgeous, and I love the floral band you posted...I just don''t think that I would like them together.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I love SMG''s set, and also the Marlene Harris band --in fact, I think I have that picture saved to my favorites! I think your ring looks lovely with the plain band, it will look fine with the floral band, but the plain and floral bands worn together will be gorgeous! I think it''s a great option to have both bands.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 4:40:31 PM
Author: eyue
Thanks for the input! I agree, the ering is pretty detailed. My husband thinks I should leave it as is. It's hard to explain to him why I want a WB.

I was sort of going for the Sarah Michelle Geller look. I have a plain 2mm band, but it doesn't really look right. Maybe because it's too plain?
I LOVE SMG's set!! I am big on non-matchy-matchy, and while I err on the small/thin/simple side for myself, I think that if YOU love the look then you can 'rock it' as they say
2.gif

I absolutely adore the band that luvmyhalo linked. Gorgeous!

eyue

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input, everyone! Luvmyhalo, I LOVE both of these floral bands. They both look delicate and feminine, especially the 3mm Beverly K one. It reminds me of this Fay Cullen one.

Or, I could just go with a straight diamond band with a milgrain edge that matches the shank of my e-ring. It would just sit a little crooked, like the plain one.

Narrow Bead-Set Wedding Band (4th one down)

faycullenflora.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eyue, I LOVE the idea of pairing a floral band with your e-ring.
36.gif
BeverlyK does have some beautiful ones, as another poster mentioned. I like the Fay Cullen one you posted as well! Can''t wait to see what you end up with.

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
I love the florals and go for the non-matchy stuff. I think it would be beautiful with your WB. My is the last picture.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 4:49:15 PM
Author: eyue
Thanks for the input, everyone! Luvmyhalo, I LOVE both of these floral bands. They both look delicate and feminine, especially the 3mm Beverly K one. It reminds me of this Fay Cullen one.

Or, I could just go with a straight diamond band with a milgrain edge that matches the shank of my e-ring. It would just sit a little crooked, like the plain one.

Narrow Bead-Set Wedding Band (4th one down)
I think the floral band would look cool with your ering! Unexpected and fun.

ETA: I like the BevK and the Fay Cullen one better than the original one you posted though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results