shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BreenCP

Rough_Rock
0.52 EightStar Diamond
5.22 - 5.25 x 3.16mm
Depth 60.4%
Table 55%
Girdle: Thin - Medium
Culet: Very Small
Polish: VG
Symmetry: Exc
Clariy: VS2
Color: I
Flour: None
crown 34.4 (15.3%)
pavil 40.9 (42.8%)
Cut Advisor rated this a 1.8Cost: $2,980 ??WhiteFlash has an 0.55ct AGS 0 H&A with a Cut Advisor rating of 0.5 (F, VS2, polish & symetry EXC) for $2,323??How much weight should I put into the cut advisor rating?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
OK, now I see where is the problem.
smile.gif
40.9-pavilion angle is a critical factor. Look at Q-factor diagram and you’ll see what I mean.I doubt that one would be able to see a difference with unaided eye though – this is more as theoretical issue. The difference in the light return can be within 1%.In my opinion, once you confirmed that diamonds are scoring less than 2, I would forget about HCA and take other factors into account like PRICE, COLOR (big difference btw), your own PREFERENCES (e.g. Mercedes or Rolls-Royce), the way you see each stone and so on.Obviously both diamonds are the masterpieces. It is up to you to decide which one you like the most.
smile.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,I would jump at the EightStar.There are factors in cutting that are not taken into consideration in the cut adviser. EightStars are cut differently than other diamonds and are unique.
smile.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hey Lawmax, I know you love them and have one for yourself
smile.gif
But don't you think that the difference in the price and color is significant?
smile.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I know of a number of people who have chosen the lower color in order to get the EightStar cut, because they couldn't see the difference in the color anyway. They might even be willing to discuss their decision with BreenCP.The more time they spent going back to the store (these guys went over and over) and examining the EightStar, the more they came to appreciate it and bought lower colors. I have also read that some like the fire in those warmer colors better. It's all personal preference.For some it may be like paying for VVS1-you can't see the difference between it and VS1 or maybe even SI1, so there's no need to pay for it unless the idea of having a certain color or clarity is really meaningful for you.Just my observations.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I know
smile.gif
Of course it is very much upon the personal preferences and taste
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results