shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bpat

Rough_Rock
On this diamond - 1.5 carat Princess cut , I color, SI2, Excellent optical brilliance, good polish and symmetry (GCAL report). Cost $7775.00 at Bailey Banks and Biddle. Eye clean and brilliant. Looked like a VS quality diamond with the loupe. Not overly excited by the color but happy with the shine. Am I way overpaying for the BBB name? Is "I" color going to be Ok in a platinum setting? BBB seems to have very good lifetime guarantees and trade up policies. Very nice sales rep.

This is the setting

GCAL50202185_a.jpg

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock
Pass. You can do better.

''I'' color could be a problem in a princess.

Probably do not want to settle for Good symmetry and Good polish in a princess, either.

bpat

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback. I am going to keep looking. I''d love a 1.25 - 1.3 carat Princess AGS 0, "F"-"G" in color and VS clarity for close to $8,000.00. Might be a pipe dream...

Seems these diamonds are either in high demand or short supply cause there are just not a lot to chose from.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 11:39:38 PM
Author: bpat
Thanks for the feedback. I am going to keep looking. I''d love a 1.25 - 1.3 carat Princess AGS 0, ''F''-''G'' in color and VS clarity for close to $8,000.00. Might be a pipe dream...

Seems these diamonds are either in high demand or short supply cause there are just not a lot to chose from.
Buying online will save you a bundle. You have a great budget. Check out www.whiteflash.com and www.goodoldgold.com Good luck!!!

bpat

Rough_Rock
Kaleigh,

I have been looking online quite a bit. The Ideal Princess diamonds out there that are the size that I''d like don''t have the color or clarity I''d like. Examples:

Too flawless

Would be perfect if it were "G" or "F" in color

Any other places to look besides GOG, WF, BN, JA, Abazias, Nice Ice?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 12:08:39 AM
Author: Gypsy

What was wrong with this one?? I think it looks lovely.

It is not sqaure by .2mm, which may be visible.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.036 ratio. I think set east west ( so that the wider side is set parallel to the shank ) it would look very square in that stunning setting you chose. That's just my opinion though. Also it's a 1000 under you 8K budget.

ETA: Alot of people have gotten really lovely princesses from exceldiamonds.com. They will provide you with actual diamond photos and and IS on request although they don't have them posted right on the site.

dfb

Rough_Rock
love the setting you are looking at - not sure if you were planning on buying that from BBB - but you could talk to Bill Pearlman at Pearlmans Jewelry - he is a very nice man to work with - and he carries the Ritani line - and could save you some money that may free up some more cash for the diamond budget - has a great website and offers very competitive prices on the Ritani - we are looking at a Ritani with him as well

Rockingout

Rough_Rock
These will probably be your best bet.
http://www.niceice.com/certcopies/ags0006944504/index.htm

1.25 G VVS2 for $8,795 with bank wire. Its a 2 chevron princess which I think is more appealing than 3 or 4 chevrons.

or this http://www.diamondexpert.com/diamonds/dbs.cgi?sf=detd.setup.cgi&active=active&stock=PR40101221&submit_search=1
with more details here http://www.visagem.be/External.php?SIT=1&REM=0c29c5b9fbb4aec1f12108ae88e38ace

The 2 infinity diamonds are a little out of budget but are going to be spectacular diamonds.

http://www.infinitydiamonds.be/diamond.php?ID=168 is $12,752.00

http://www.infinitydiamonds.be/diamond.php?ID=70 is $10,240.00

Good luck!!!

bpat

Rough_Rock
Thanks for everyone''s feedback! I just discovered that I am a very close to whiteflash headquarters here in Houston so I made an appointment to see these 2 diamonds tomorrow + anything else they want to show me...

Diamond #1

Diamond #2

Also like this rock from JamesAllen.

Opinions welcome.

Anything I should be worried about with any of these 3 diamonds? The "IF" clarity is overkill but there are not just that many ACA Princess diamonds on WF.

Rockingout

Rough_Rock
It should be apparent by visual inspection that diamond 2 is going to perform visually better and have a better personality than diamond 1. I am not to fond of the aset, ideal scope or the number of chevrons (looks like 4 or maybe 5) on the first diamond. It looks like from the aset that one pavillion (bottom one in aset) is built up in weight or is shallow angle and that is why there is leakage, indicated by the black in the aset picture. Have fun!!

bpat

Rough_Rock
This is another WF diamond that I would like to see in person tomorrow. How does everyone feel about "H" color? Too warm? Or is it a happy medium to "I"?

Also, wanted VS quality but this diamond appears pretty good at 40x minus the inclusion right in the center, will have to see if it is eye-clean in person. Should I be worried about the center inclusion for anyother reason? i.e. do center inclusions pose a larger problem than perimeter inclusions?

Love the price - may come in under budget with this setting.

Thanks in advance.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2007 12:23:29 AM
This is another WF diamond that I would like to see in person tomorrow. How does everyone feel about ''H'' color? Too warm? Or is it a happy medium to ''I''?

Also, wanted VS quality but this diamond appears pretty good at 40x minus the inclusion right in the center, will have to see if it is eye-clean in person. Should I be worried about the center inclusion for anyother reason? i.e. do center inclusions pose a larger problem than perimeter inclusions?

Thanks in advance.
I bet it will be beautiful, but you''ll have to see for yourself. I love the setting you are thinking about. It''s stunning. Good luck tomorrow, let us know how it goes!!!!

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/29/2007 12:23:29 AM
This is another WF diamond that I would like to see in person tomorrow. How does everyone feel about ''H'' color? Too warm? Or is it a happy medium to ''I''?

Thanks in advance.

See the H in person and decide for yourself! It could be great, or it could be too warm, depending on your preferences.

Inclusions under the table tend to be more visible, but if the stone is eye-clean, I don''t think the inclusion present any problem because it is under the table.

bpat

Rough_Rock
It''s mine (or soon to be hers, I should say). I purchased the 1.24 H SI1. The stone was completely eye-clean and the color was great next to the "G" stones I looked at. I will post more on my experience in a different thread but I will say that the Whiteflash operation is top-notch all the way. Thanks for everyone''s advice in this thread. Now looking forward to seeing the diamond in the legato setting with micropave melee. I will of course try and post pictures when I pick it up.

Anyone have advice on how to lie effectively to a girlfriend so she doesn''t know you are out looking at diamonds? I feel like I''m blowing the element of surprise.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I had hoped you had gotten that stone. ACA diamonds are beautiful. I have one and it''s gorgeous!

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Why buy at BBB when there are so many reputable online retailers?

-G

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results