shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PezKing

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone. I am new to this forum as well as new to the world of diamonds. Who would have known that there was more to it than going into a store and telling them what size you want
emwink.gif
. Anyways, I am in the market for an engagement ring and have been toying with the idea od purchasing a stone online and having it set at a store in person. First of all, I would like your opinions on that idea and I''m sorry if this has been discussed thousands of times over (if it has please just point me to the correct thread). My second questions is about a specific diamond that I''ve found. I will post the specs and hopefully some of you with more knowledge than me can tell me if its a good stone or not (on paper). I found the diamond on bluenile.com and would appreciate your opinions on that website as well. Thank you all vrey much for you help.

Carat weight: 0.73
Cut: Signature Princess
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Depth %: 65.1%
Table %: 68%
Symmetry: Very good
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Medium to thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.18 x 5.10 x 3.32 mm
Crown height: 8.6%
Length/width ratio: 1.02

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
You can have a local jeweler set your diamond if you can find one who will take responsibility for it while setting it (in the unlikely event that the diamond were to be damaged during setting). I prefer to have the seller set it because it just makes things easier.

I don''t know very much about princess cuts. I will say I personally would go down a little in clarity to get more size. BN is not my favorite vendor because they couldn''t provide me with any of the crucial information I needed to evaluate potential diamonds. Do you have any pictures?

PezKing

Rough_Rock
I dont have a very good photo. Here is a link to the diamonds web page and there is a photo on the GCAL report. I didnt want to post the whole report. http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00162227
The .75 is right around the size that I want (quarter ct.) so I dont know that I would gain much bu moving down in clarity, but I will deffinately check it out. Thanks for the info!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photo doesn't tell us much....other than it's symmetrical?

Trade the VS1 for VS2, G for F, and about 10% less $ but 50% more crown height:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2581/

I'm feelin' dangerously cheesy today.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results