shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Binister

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

Well, after 4 months of learning/searching I have narrowed my choices down to two stones and would appreciate any comments.

STONE #1
========================
1.34 Ct. Round Brilliant
Clarity: IF
Color: G
Cut: AGS Ideal 0
Depth: 61.0%
Table: 56.2% (Variance 4%)
Crown Angle: 34.2 deg.
Pavil. Angle: 40.8 deg.
Culet: 0.1 (None)
Girdle: 1.4%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent (H&A)
Fluorescence: None
BScope: VH1/VH3+/VH1
HCA: 1.1 (Ex/Ex/Ex/VG)

STONE #2
=========================
1.55 Ct Round Brilliant
Clarity: VVS2
Color: H
Cut: AGS Ideal 0
Depth: 60.8%
Table Size: 57.2% (Variance 8%)
Crown Angle: 34.3 deg.
Pavil. Angle: 40.9 deg.
Culet: 0.2 (None)
Girdle: 1.5%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent (H&A)
Fluorescence: None
BScope: VH1/VH3+/VH2
HCA: 1.4 (Ex/Ex/VG/VG)

I was leaning towards the 1.55ct stone but the only thing that was holding me back was the amount of variance in the table. The 1.34ct stone has very tight variances across the board (although the 1.55ct stone had better BScope results.) I would love to hear what people think of these two stones.
wavey.gif

Rgrds,
Rob

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
We'd go with the 1.55 carat diamond! The difference in color is going to be very slight, but the difference in size is going to be something you'd see more readily... The numbers crunch essentially the same, so why not go for the size?

Binister

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply NiceIce. So the larger variance in table size (among other things) wouldn't sway your decision?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also agree. If the prices are the same, don't waste your $$ on IF quality when your eye can't even appreciate it. The size difference will definitely be visible and we all know bigger is better when it comes to well cut stones! If the stone is a true H&A with excellent symmetry, I wouldn't worry about the table variance that much. Just my opinion. Both stones look pretty great...if you had them side by side I'm sure you wouldn't notice a difference at all. The Bscope variances are tiny, and both score all VH which is excellent. Anything past VH whether its 1/2/3 just means DARN GOOD!
1.gif
Congrats...and let us know which stone you choose.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I'd choose the 1,55 too. The size difference will be noticeable to the naked eye more than color or clarity...
The 0.8% variance won't be noticeable...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results