shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions, please....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BetsyA

Rough_Rock
Could someone please give an opinion on this diamond?

RB .655
5.52 - 5.55 x 3.44
AGS Ideal 0
Hearts & Arrows
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Proportions Ideal
H SI I
Table 56%
Depth 62.2%
crown 34.9 deg.
pav. 40.8 deg.
crown 15.4%
pav. 42.9%
girdle faceted 1.3% to 2.0%
pointed

HCA is Ex, Ex, Ex, VG. Excellent 1.6 TIC
I was hoping someone would work up an image for me...
Thank you so much.
wavey.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Sounds nice. Being AGS graded and weighing 0.65, most probably is 100% eye-clean. Is the face up white to you?

BetsyA

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply, Giangi. It does face up white. I'm very pleased with the color...I'm new to the world of diamonds and just hoping I made a good decision on this one. I'm so thankful for this website as it has so much great information that most jewelry stores don't offer. The time for exchanging is drawing near and I just wanted to make sure about the decision.

BetsyA

Rough_Rock
By the way, does anyone know how to gauge the light leakage on this particular stone? Thanks!
wavey.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
So you already own this beautiful diamond??? If yes, congrats
appl.gif
!!!!
As per the leakage image, ask Rich or Rhino or Garry...

Giangi

BetsyA

Rough_Rock
Giangi,

Thanks! I'm one of those that bought before I knew anything and discovered this site after the fact. I'm sorry I didn't know about it before but I've been trying to soak up as much as I can since...

Calling Rich, Rhino, or Garry.......
loopy.gif

BetsyA

Rough_Rock
Oops!

BetsyA

Rough_Rock
Rich,

Thank you so much for checking the image. I don't know what any of it means...does this look acceptable? I do see some white around the edges.

Thanks a LOT for doing this for me!

Betsy
appl.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Betsy, the average diamond on the market doesn't even begin to look as good as this stone. Most diamonds will exhibit a significant amount of leakage either under the table or in the outer perimeter of the stone. Much, much more than those little white areas you see in the image.

It's pretty typical to have some white on the edge. The only stones that escape this are usually the super ideals which have had their minor facets "tweaked" to eliminate them, like the EightStar.

I've actually got two sets of data for your stone. One is using the pavilion angle listed of 40.8' and the other is using the pavilion depth listed of 42.9'. The reason I generated two is because the program indicates that a 40.8' pavilion angle would generate a 43.2% depth instead of the 42.9% depth listed. A 42.9% depth would be the product of a 40.6' pavilion angle, and would produce even slightly better results.

Either way, the stone's a screamer.

40.8' pavilion angle-
Light Return (mono)…...: 0.98 Very Good
Light Return (stereo)…..: 0.97 Very Good
(Non) Leakage (mono)..: 0.94 Very Good to Good
(Non) Leakage (stereo).: 0.94 Very Good to Good
Contrast............................: 0.98 Very Good
(Non) FishEye Effect…..: 1.00 Very Good

40.6' pavilion angle-
Light Return (mono)…...: 0.99 Very Good
Light Return (stereo)…..: 0.96 Very Good
(Non) Leakage (mono)..: 0.98 Very Good
(Non) Leakage (stereo).: 0.97 Very Good
Contrast............................: 1.00 Very Good
(Non) FishEye Effect…..: 1.00 Very Good

My guess is that your stone's performance falls somewhere in between these two analysis', which is great scoring.

-----------
IdealScope- In general, the darker pink areas indicate areas of greater light return, with the lighter pink areas indicating areas of lesser light return. The black areas indicate areas of greater contrast, with the gray areas indicating areas of lesser contrast. The white areas indicate areas of light leakage. A good explanation of the IdealScope image along with examples can be found at https://www.pricescope.com/idealscope_indx.asp

Disclaimer- The facet arrangement and symmetry of the image will probably vary from your actual diamond, which may affect the light performance indicated. The computer generates an image with “perfect” symmetry, which is rare. Also, the star/lower girdle facet lengths may be different from your diamond. The computer simulation is reproduced best when the actual diamond is being viewed and the image "tweaked" to the appearance of the diamond, or Sarin info is downloaded directly into the program. However, this "blind" reproduction should be helpful in considering the major light performance aspects..
-----------

BetsyA

Rough_Rock
Rich,

Once again, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to run this image for me. I feel a lot better now. I can sleep nights! Ha! The more I read on this forum the more I want to know!

Seriously, after buying this diamond I found this site and the more I learned the more I questioned my purchase. You have really made me feel better. Thanks!

appl.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! The IdealScope images look both very nice and this means that your stone is beautifully cut!

BetsyA

Rough_Rock
Giangi,

Thanks to you too! I guess you know what a relief it is to hear good news about your diamond! Too bad they just aren't automatically cut to perfection. Right???!!!

I guess I can forget up the last minute "upgrade" and just enjoy. I must admit that my jeweler could use a few pointers on how to sell diamonds! You get to the point where it is hard to trust anything they say.

Betsy
appl.gif

BetsyA

Rough_Rock
I guess what really got me wondering is the the HCA system changed and my HCA score went from a 1.3 (I think) to at 1.6. I started getting a little concerned about what it would become if it changed again! I just had to have another opinion. I'm so glad I did. It helps to see things on paper.

Betsy
wavey.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
You're welcome! Enjoy your beautiful new rock
9.gif
!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results