shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions please, :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cme

Rough_Rock
PLease be honest....I can still return and start over...
I would prefer something that kind of hugs /wraps around my marquise, but I can find nothing and I do not like any of the wraps I have found and tried.
So I am trying this....(I have alreday had 4 other mountings and did not like them at all)
My marquise is 2.15 carats, a chubby one ( as we call it)
This is the ring I just recieved......I like it....but am not sure I ''love'' it....well I do love it, just not sure its ''me''......I have never had anything this big or sparkly ....it really sparkles soooo much..... It really really sparkles.....under all different lighting.....
I just cant get a decent picture...here are a few pictures....
any suggestions on how to get a good picture? your rings all look so pretty in pics...
what do you all think?? please be honest :)

set 1.jpg

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
When you say you want something that hugs or wraps around the marquise, are you referring to a wedding band or just the engagment ring settting itself?

Cme

Rough_Rock
another pic

marquise with side stones 1.jpg

Cme

Rough_Rock
I am not sure what I want ......nothing has really cayght my eye yet
7.gif

heres another pic

set 2.jpg

Cme

Rough_Rock
I guess I am so picky....This one really is nice and sparkles so much..I have gotten alot of comlements on it the last few days....I just dont know.....I think the marquise is too big for the setting, maybe its just me...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think the marquise is too big for the setting but maybe it's just the whole style of the setting you're not loving. Jasmine actually has my favorite setting for a marquise and it's going E/W..

link to jasmine's ring

PC110045.JPG

PC110044.JPG

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Well, if you do not want a wrap but you want something to "hug" it you may want to set the diamond east west, as my marquise is. I am not sure how much of a change you want to make as this is quite different from what you have now. Our marquises are about the same size so you can get an idea from mine on how it would look. It really looks like you have a gorgous marquise there! It is much easier to fit a wedding band to a e-ring like this. Here is mine

relerl.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe Jasmine, as you can see, i really love your ring..i hope you don''t mind that i posted the pics
41.gif

Cme

Rough_Rock
Jazmine..your ring is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!
I just tried a few more pics, I hope they are a little better.

set 10.jpg

Cme

Rough_Rock
last one ...

set 11.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
honestly, i really like it! but, it''s you that needs to love your rings!
2.gif

Cme

Rough_Rock
I have tried the tiffany solitaire setting with plain band,
tiffany solitare setting with band with round diamonds,
I have tried a setting the had channel set priincess''s on both bands,
I have tried wraps.....
I have tried a setting that had a princess on each side of the marquise,
I do like this setting beter than any that i have tried.......I just ''love'' it
This ring is replacing my original ring......we had a house fire and lost everything.......
.I do not want what I had before either...
Any other opinions or suggestions?
Yesterday 1 person told me that my marquise is too big!! SHe called gaudy
7.gif

WIll I grow to love this set or should I keep on searching?
thank you again for all advic eand opinions :)
c

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting those pics, Mrssalvo. I don't mind at all, I am flattered
1.gif

CME, that is one gorgous marquise! So white and I don't see any bow tie in those pictures. It is what I think of as a tradional marquise setting. I really love the w-band that you have as well. But for a change or more streamlined or hugged look I don't know what else to suggest other than an east-west setting. Your w-band does appear to sit flush which does not often happen with a north south marquise setting. So sorry to hear of your huge loss. How terrible
39.gif

You really do want a set of rings that you love with no hesitation. So if you haven't found it yet, keep looking. And no way is that diamond too big! Search here on Pricescope for marquise settings. Many will pop up.

Cme

Rough_Rock
Thanks again :)
I do like it and it really really is pretty and sparkly!
After the comment yesterday, I guess it just got me second guessing myself.....I dont wanna be wearing something that so big and gaudy!!
7.gif

Like I said , I do like it, it is the first one out of the bunch I have tried that I do like.......
I jsut read how everyone just loves theer diamond.....I LOVE my marquise! I like the setting :) but then I alos like different....
thank you again....all of you for your opinions.
c

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it''s too big at all. the set looks very striking on you. I thinks it''s just a matter of personal style and tastes. I really like the bold sparkle of the bands too and I don''t think they take anything away from your marquise. But, if YOU don''t love it there are plenty of other gorgeous settings to chose from. Here''s another Marquise setting I love. it''s made by ritani if you like it going N/S

link to thread

mqritanithalocombined.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please don''t listen to what other people say or think. It''s your ring and if you love it that''s all that matters. I have found when people make rude comments like "it''s gaudy" they are normally just jealous. Enjoy you gorgeous ring and wear it proudly
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your diamond is a beautiful size and shape!!! I get hung up on "how big is too big", too, so I know how you feel. But that is plain rude for someone to say that to you. I''d disregard anyone''s opinion with so little tact!

That setting is beautiful, no doubt. It might be a just little too much bling for me, yet I think it is very classic and lovely...definitely not gaudy! The only other thing I can think of would be setting a side stone on either side making a 3-stone instead of having a lot of smaller diamonds. I''m not sure what shape, though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results