shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions please?

BrimstoneTwo

Shiny_Rock
I'm new to coloured stones. Have come across this ring for sale for $120. Fair price, overpriced or bargain? Thanks!

IMG_3837.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Brimstone. Since we cannot see the amethyst very well in your picture I am going to comment on the setting. This is a ring with a very light-weight gold setting. At not even 2 grams the ring is going to feel very thin and you will need to take care when wearing it.

BrimstoneTwo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks LisaRN. My gut instinct was to pass on it and when I did some research I found the company website. It doesn't seem like what I was hoping it might be. :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Green amethyst is more often than not, synthetic quartz.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nevermind bargains in Gem Land ...

BrimstoneTwo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks chrono! I discovered that afterwards. Learning, learning! :)

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Here are some locations it ( green quartz ) have been found... Farm Kos and and Farm Rooisand (Namibia), Kalomo-Mapatiqya (Zambia), and Southern Bahia (Brazil). These are locations that natural green quartz has been discovered. Back when I first started collecting facet rough in the late 1980's and early 1990's it was called vermarine and it was told to me it was from a location in Brazil that when low and slow heated the amethyst would turn a pastel green. I have some of the rough; but with all the treatments and synthetics these days; why bother cutting it ???

But nature does produce it; it is rare but not so rare it has a high price tag...

Most respectfully;

Dana Reynolds
ASG Certified
Supreme Master Gem Cutter
#96CGE42

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results