crown: 34.4 degrees
pavillion: 40.7 degrees
girdle: Thin
culet: None

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, they are both nice by the numbers. Do you have an ideal scope
Image or any up close pictures of the stones? If they are at the same vendor you can ask for a gemlogist to review them and tell you what they see.

If you have anything else to go by, please post.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Whats the color, clarity, do they have certs???

capt sinny

Rough_Rock
Both stones are AGS 000's. I couldn't figure out how to post photos, so here are links to each stone and the certs:

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.61-carat-f-color-if-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-773951

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.58-carat-e-color-if-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-773949

They both seem nice, but I just don't have a trained eye and it's so hard to say through photos and online videos. I know this color/clarity may seem unnecessary, but I have always wanted the best stone rather than the biggest stone. I've been married for over 20 years and am finally getting my first "engagement ring", so I want to get the best diamond I can. Thanks again for your help!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely the first one because of the diameter measurement being larger. I'd personally go to VS1 to get a larger stone, because that IS high clarity and high quality.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first stone would be my choice. Even thought they are both nice stones with good numbers and AGS000s, you can see that
there is some leakage in the middle of the second stone. It has a much more splintery look. I think an aset image would show
this more clearly. See if you can request asets since the holidays will be "over" tomorrow.

Congratulations on your first engagement ring! What type of setting are you looking for?

centrifuge41

Rough_Rock
The second stone doesn't look too symmetrical. The first stone does look better.

Understandably, you're not shooting for size. But have you thought about going for D color (even if that requires dropping clarity to VVS1 or VVS2)? If you've been to some retail stores to look, you'll know if you can tell the difference between D, E, and F. I'm drawn to super colorless stones, and I found that I could generally guess a stone's color +/-1.

Even if you had to go for VVS1 or VVS2 clarity, you'll probably find that even with a loupe, it's super hard to find the inclusions, because they are absolutely tiny. Info from Good Old Gold.

capt sinny

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the helpful replies. You guys are a fantastic community! I agree, even with my untrained eye, the .61 stone looks better. What do you guys think would be a fair price for this .61 F/IF stone? I totally get what you all are saying about the quality and you have made me rethink the direction I'm going in. I'm now looking at possibly dropping the clarity a tad and either increasing the color or size.

Anyway, whatever diamond I end up going with, I will probably have it set in a Ritani Endless Love bezel set ring. I have always loved the simplicity of that ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results