shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karend26

Shiny_Rock
Hey!

Opinions on this amethyst? Is it likely not a very deep color? Can you tell from the pic/description?

Up for sale is this beautiful Amethyst ring. The ring is made with natural fine Amethyst and Diamonds which are set in solid 14k white gold. As all our items, this ring is meticulously crafted and comes with a beautiful gift-box.
Product Desciption
Gemstone Amethyst
Shape Cushion Cut
Clarity VVS
Color Purple-Violet
Gemstone Size 12mm x 12mm
Center Stone Weight 6.71ct
Accents White Diamonds
Accents Details VS-SI, G color,(0.20ct)
Luster Excellent
Metal 14K White Gold
Finish High Polish
Weight 7.6 grams
Ring size 7 (sizable)

82892618.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
The photo looks to me like a stock photograph and not a picture of the actual piece.

I would avoid it, I think the colour will be on the pale side (even paler than the photo perhaps) and who knows about the cut etc.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skip it - it''s a dud amethyst.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''ve read that this type of cut is used for stones that aren''t peformers....i avoid them.

movie zombie

karend26

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! That''s kind of what I thought but wanted to check to be sure. I''m glad I went with the Barry Bridgestock amethyst that I posted in my other topic. I''m really excited about it!!! He already emailed me that he''ll put it in the mail Monday or Tuesday. So I guess now I''ll go shopping for settings. My plan is to look in B&M stores. If I can''t find suitable ones there, are there some good sites that have settings for colored gemstones? I''m thinking either a chunky yellow gold, maybe bezel set, but I don''t know if that will make the stone appear darker; or maybe a diamond halo in white gold. Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks again everyone for all the advice. I will definitely post pics when I get the stone and after it''s set!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/10/2009 5:54:17 PM
Author: karend26
Thanks everyone! That's kind of what I thought but wanted to check to be sure. I'm glad I went with the Barry Bridgestock amethyst that I posted in my other topic. I'm really excited about it!!! He already emailed me that he'll put it in the mail Monday or Tuesday. So I guess now I'll go shopping for settings. My plan is to look in B&M stores. If I can't find suitable ones there, are there some good sites that have settings for colored gemstones? I'm thinking either a chunky yellow gold, maybe bezel set, but I don't know if that will make the stone appear darker; or maybe a diamond halo in white gold. Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks again everyone for all the advice. I will definitely post pics when I get the stone and after it's set!!!
Well, I'll mention the obvious one which is LOGR on ebay. Some people really love his settings. Most of LaurenThePartier's settings come from him. He has calibrated 9mm settings for rounds if you look in his store. I always upgrade the diamonds, but most people (not all) have been happy with his diamond quality. If you don't see one you like, you can modify an existing setting for $50 extra to fit your stone.

http://stores.ebay.com/Lord-of-Gem-Rings

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''ve bought settings from Stuller - they have an on-line catalogue, but they''re trade only so you''ll need a jeweller to order them and to let you know how much they cost.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Something like THIS, but with a prong set amethyst and possibly a rounded shank (unless you like them flat).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would only bezel set a light purple amethyst or "rose de france" amethyst. The David Yurman amethysts are your typical Brazilian amethysts like the one above, so they''re usually bezel set to make them look better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results