shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions please on this radiant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kristie

Shiny_Rock
First post for a noob here! I need to get the rest of the specs but was wondering if I could get an idea....

GIA cert.
2.12 ct
E color
SI2
Table 76%
Depth 71.6%
Excellent polish
VG symmetry
Fluorescence: none

From what I have read....the table/depth may be an issue. I have not seen it yet, but I trust the dealer and he said it is gorgeous and full of life.

Please let me know your thoughts, thanks!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think a radiant can be assessed without a photo or ASET.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 1:46:25 AM
Author: swingirl
I don''t think a radiant can be assessed without a photo or ASET.

Ditto, you can''t tell fancies by numbers

kristie

Shiny_Rock
Eeeek! I thought I had read other questions from posters regarding dimensions on their radiants....I know I have read the charts and according to that it is on the low end of average.....so is the chart not really something to go by either when it comes to radiants?

http://www.gemappraisers.com/oldcutgraderules.asp

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 2:40:36 AM
Author: kristie
Eeeek! I thought I had read other questions from posters regarding dimensions on their radiants....I know I have read the charts and according to that it is on the low end of average.....so is the chart not really something to go by either when it comes to radiants?
http://www.gemappraisers.com/oldcutgraderules.asp

The chart is just a rough guide. Facets are the main driving force for light returns and beauty and for fancy cuts the dimensions do not necessary confine a facet to a certain degree as a round brilliant so there are still ways to cut a stone such that it fits into the chart outline but still cut badly to retain weight. Therefore we need images to see if a stone is well cut or not.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2009 12:03:27 AM
Author:kristie
First post for a noob here! I need to get the rest of the specs but was wondering if I could get an idea....

GIA cert.
2.12 ct
E color
SI2
Table 76%
Depth 71.6%
Excellent polish
VG symmetry
Fluorescence: none

From what I have read....the table/depth may be an issue. I have not seen it yet, but I trust the dealer and he said it is gorgeous and full of life.

Please let me know your thoughts, thanks!
Radiants are tricky and no way to tell by the numbers or charts, so use as a guide only. It is down to how well all the proportions work together rather than faceting in radiants which can result in a beautiful well cut diamond or not. Can you get detailed photos and an ASET image please? Idealscope would also be useful if you could get one.

Radiants can also show very different appearances which aren't discernible by numbers, so photos at least are crucial. Is this diamond online or have you seen it in person?

Also it is preferred for the table to be less than the depth, although there can be exceptions and up to personal taste having a larger table can sometimes result in other less desirable visual properties and proportions. But if you can see the diamond in person that will help which I ascertain is the case?

Also you will need to check very carefully whether it is eyeclean or not, it is a sizeable diamond and SI2 clarity.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results