shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions, please, on this Asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia1967

Rough_Rock
Hi there - I''m a newbie!

Could you give me your opinions on the following Asscher? It''s marked as an "Ideal" cut but I couldn''t get additional info (like crown height) from the vendor...must be a drop ship, but I thought this one looked pretty nice for the price. Any opinions are welcome as I''m just starting to shop around. Thanks! Mia

Shape Asscher
Carat Weight 2.09
Measurements
Length-to-Width 7.27 x 7.28 x 4.81
Proportions
Depth 66.1
Table 55
Girdle MD-STK
Culet NON
Finish
Polish EX
Symmetry EX
Clarity Grade VVS2
Color Grade H
Fluorescence MB

Hi there and welcome!

I don''t know all that much about diamonds, and I''m learning a lot from the good folks on this site.

But I will share that one retailer told me that with Asschers the clarity is more important than the color, so it''s great that this stone is so clear.

Keep us posted! The diamond sounds amazing!

Mary

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/23/2004 8:154 PM
Author: DiamondsRagirlsbestfriend

Keep us posted! The diamond sounds amazing!
Second that
9.gif
Can you see it before buying ? Hopefully tis one looks as good as it sounds !

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crown height measurements are needed but
If it looks as good as the base measurements say it should if cut right its going to be awesome.
The only way to really tell for sure is to look at it.
See if the vendor can either call it in and discuss it with you or send it to an appraiser for you to look at.
Look for fire in direct light and the 10 mile deep look in indirect light.

mia1967

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your comments...it sounded amazing to me too (maybe too good?) but I went ahead late last night and took the plunge. I have thirty days to return it to(Diamond.com). It cost just under 15K, no tax or shipping and, of course, it comes with it''s GIA.

A few more questions...Aside from getting an independent appraisal, where should I take it to get a Sarin report or see the light-scope image...all of the good stuff I''ve been quietly reading about on this board? I do live near Philly but I have no idea where to start and I only have 30 days!

Thanks so much...this forum is great!

mia1967

Rough_Rock
Oh yeah...so much for "just starting to shop around"! I admit it - I''m obsessed...I was on the computer ALL night.
20.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/24/2004 5:33:48 AM
Author: mia1967

A few more questions...Aside from getting an independent appraisal, where should I take it to get a Sarin report or see the light-scope image...
You may find an appraiser that does this kind of thing. Even if there is no one in town (doubt it), you could ship the stone to one if thst's not way scary
37.gif

Btw, isn't AGA nearby ? (link)

mia1967

Rough_Rock
Yes, thank you! Very close by (< 1/2 hr.). So I know I sound really novice here, but I just call and make an appointment for an appraisal and ask for all of the light-scoping, etc.?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/24/2004 67:43 AM
Author: mia1967
Yes, thank you! Very close by (< 1/2 hr.).
I would think so.

David Atlas posts on Pricescope (avatar "Old Miner") - you must have seen his posts... I think AGA uses a Brilliance Scope as well.

mia1967

Rough_Rock
Oh yes...I have seen his posts - I just didn''t "put it together". The diamond comes on Tuesday - will keep you all posted!

Happy Holidays!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep just call and tell them what you have and what you want and set up an appointment :}
Dave and his crew are good people.

Congrates!

mia1967

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone - Happy New Year!

Well, to follow-up on this diamond...Dave Atlas'' team at AGA was able to squeeze me in on very short notice to appraise this diamond and see if it was as good as it sounded and the answer is....YES!!! It''s a keeper !

It was so neat to see Chris appraise the diamond, without seeing the GIA first, and be so on the mark! When he said "excellent symmetry, excellent polish" - I was so excited. He even thought the stone was closer to VVS1 than the GIA reported VVS2, but hey, I''ll take that tiny discrepancy
1.gif

He very much liked the cut (as did my untrained eye...I knew it was just beautiful!) and it appraised for more than the Diamond.com appraisal that came with it.

The crown height was 9.7% with a crown angle of 24.1 - I think that''s a bit shy of perfect, but it is so firey and sparkly, I''m not worried. It''s got that 10 mile deep look. I did get an Ideal-scop picture which looked very nice...just 4 little leakages at the corners of the table, but they were flanked with dark areas. I''ll take it!

Some of the best news was that I indeed did get a very good price at Diamond.com. With the $250 coupon I used, I got this at what estimated to be slightly below wholesale.

I have paper copies of the pix, but not electronic - I''ll try and get the electronic for posting.

MANY THANKS to AGA for seeing me so soon and many thanks to Daimond.com!! Also, many thanks to those who have taken the time to express opinions on this diamond.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl!
Glad you found an awesome asscher!
Congrates!

The crown height is just a general guidline in this case if it has a lot of fire 9.7% was enough! :}

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results