shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions please on this 2.0ct Modified Cushion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
GIA
2.00ct
F VS2
7.45x7.30x4.56
depth: 62.5%
table: 65%
girdle: med to thick faceted
polish: excellent
symmetry: good
flour: none

cushion2.0.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s not what I look for in a cushion, but, do you like it?

Fox2009

Rough_Rock
Yeah, it''s not the standard cushion look, and, for all I know--it looks like it has nice specs, and it is very sparkly and eye catching!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 5:03:55 PM
Author: Ellen
It''s not what I look for in a cushion, but, do you like it?
Ditto

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
is it because it isn''t a "standard cushion" (chunkier facets)?

Yes, we prefer the standard cushion too, but it''s pricier. We''ve seen 3 broad variations of cushions starting from standard (chunky facets), to the modified brilliant cushion (crushed glass).

The one I displayed here falls in the "in between" category. Not sure what the technical term is.

Are there any obvious concerns with what I''ve shown? thank you.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2009 8:32:52 AM
Author: ddcha
is it because it isn''t a ''standard cushion'' (chunkier facets)?

Yes, we prefer the standard cushion too, but it''s pricier. We''ve seen 3 broad variations of cushions starting from standard (chunky facets), to the modified brilliant cushion (crushed glass).

The one I displayed here falls in the ''in between'' category. Not sure what the technical term is.

I prefer the chunkier faceted look yes but this diamond doesn''t appeal to me really, it has nothing which makes me want to look at it - this is just my opinion of course - but it looks unexciting to me.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
is it because it isn't a 'standard cushion' (chunkier facets)?

Yes, we prefer the standard cushion too, but it's pricier. We've seen 3 broad variations of cushions starting from standard (chunky facets), to the modified brilliant cushion (crushed glass).

The one I displayed here falls in the 'in between' category. Not sure what the technical term is.

Are there any obvious concerns with what I've shown? thank you.
I'd like to see an ASET on it, I'm wondering if there is a large area in the middle that is leaking light. Is it possible to get one? Or an IS, or a video? Anything?

And you're welcome!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2009 8:37:03 AM
Author: Ellen

is it because it isn''t a ''standard cushion'' (chunkier facets)?

The one I displayed here falls in the ''in between'' category. Not sure what the technical term is.

I''d like to see an ASET on it, I''m wondering if there is a large area in the middle that is leaking light. Is it possible to get one? Or an IS, or a video? Anything?

And you''re welcome!
Good idea, I am wondering that too, if it would be possible.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not my favorite look at all, but if you like the facet pattern that is all that matters.

I ditto Ellen though-get an ASET to see if there is major light leakage in the middle. Could be just the photo, but might not be.

And can I ask why you wouldn't buy the stone that you prefer? Just go a tad smaller if you need to stay on budget. Maybe it's just me but I would rather have a stone just shy of 2 cts but with a pattern I loved than a stone above 2 cts with a pattern I felt "eh" about.

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 9:50:05 AM
Author: neatfreak
Not my favorite look at all, but if you like the facet pattern that is all that matters.

I ditto Ellen though-get an ASET to see if there is major light leakage in the middle. Could be just the photo, but might not be.

And can I ask why you wouldn''t buy the stone that you prefer? Just go a tad smaller if you need to stay on budget. Maybe it''s just me but I would rather have a stone just shy of 2 cts but with a pattern I loved than a stone above 2 cts with a pattern I felt ''eh'' about.
thanks. both patterns have their pros and cons. the standard cushion has more chunky facets, which we enjoy looking at more, but there is less "fire" than the stones with more facets. The price differential is much greater than you describe. I would be sacrificing perhaps a quarter point for the same price and quality.

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
how can you tell from a photo whether there is light "leaking" in the middle? Is it related to the culet size? I''m learning as I go along but up the curve I go. haha.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2009 10:19:51 AM
how can you tell from a photo whether there is light ''leaking'' in the middle? Is it related to the culet size? I''m learning as I go along but up the curve I go. haha.
Detrimental light leakage is to do with the proportions more than the culet itself. If you look at the centre of the image, you can see a dark area around the culet, then moving out from there to under the table itself, a greyish dead looking area, it is possible this is leakage.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results