shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions please on these 2 diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

waikay

Rough_Rock
I saw two diamond at a B&M and would like some opinions on it. Are these prices reasonable or not? Which diamond would you choose? I saw both in-person and they both sparkled the same to my amateur eyes. Diamond 2 did look just slightly larger because it has a larger table. Thanks in advance!!

Diamond 1
-----------
GIA Cert
Round Brilliant
1.21 Carat
D color
VS2
Cut grade: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Flourescence: Faint
Table: 57%
Depth: 61.3%
Crown angle: 35.5
Pavilion angle: 40.5
Cutlet: None
The HCA gives it a 0.7.
PRICE: $9500

Diamond 2
----------
GIA Cert
Round Brilliant
1.21 Carat
D color
VS2
Cut grade: Very Good
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Flourescence: None
Table: 60%
Depth: 61.3%
Crown angle: 34.5
Pavilion angle: 41.0
Cutlet: None
The HCA gives it a 2.6.
PRICE: $9350

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be good if you could add the diameter measurements, they will be on the grading report. The first diamond looks better to me, the second has a large table, however you have seen both diamonds, get the one that looks best to you. We can only tell so much by the numbers, the proof of the pudding always has to be in the purchaser''s eyes! I take it a D colour VS is important to you? You probably know you could drop the colour and clarity if you wish and still have a very white and clean looking diamond, but this is a personal preference.

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 4:30:05 AM
Author: Lorelei
It would be good if you could add the diameter measurements, they will be on the grading report. The first diamond looks better to me, the second has a large table, however you have seen both diamonds, get the one that looks best to you. We can only tell so much by the numbers, the proof of the pudding always has to be in the purchaser''s eyes! I take it a D colour VS is important to you? You probably know you could drop the colour and clarity if you wish and still have a very white and clean looking diamond, but this is a personal preference.
Ditto. You won''t find the slightest difference of colour if you go down to F, even to G and take a bigger stone for the same price.

Personnaly, I would go for the first diamond because it is a excellent GIA cut and usually, excellent cut diamonds have a better light return performance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results