shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions Please! HCA 0.9.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Wazzu Cody

Rough_Rock
Please help rate this diamond. It scores 0.9 on the HCA and the certificate looks very promising, view inclusions and none on the table. I am having it shipped today and the price is $5114. I felt very confident with the diamond until I looked at a website that valued this diamond at $5300 from a reputable internet dealer. Anyway, any thoughts on this diamond would be appreciated.

Size: 1.21
Shape: Round
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Fluorescence: none
Culet: None
Table: 55%
Depth: 61.4%
Girdle: Thin to Slightly thick
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Measurements: 6.81 x 6.9 x 4.21
Certificate: GIA
Crown: 16.4%
Pavillion: 42.4%

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
A lot of colored light return, am I wrong ?

Regards,

Wazzu Cody

Rough_Rock
Yes there is. That's one thing that I really like.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 2/20/2003 10:24
6.gif
6 AM Wazzu Cody wrote:
Please help rate this diamond. It scores 0.9 on the HCA and the certificate looks very promising, view inclusions and none on the table. I am having it shipped today and the price is $5114. I felt very confident with the diamond until I looked at a website that valued this diamond at $5300 from a reputable internet dealer. Anyway, any thoughts on this diamond would be appreciated.
----------------
Hi, Wazzu. What kind of "rating" are you looking for? You have the rating through HCA, so I'm not sure what other input/rating you are asking for. Based on your comments on price, though, I'm guessing that you are asking for input about the potential quality of the diamond based on the price you are paying....is that correct? You noted that you were confident in the diamond (assume quality) until you got it for such a low price.

First, see if you can get the crown/pav angles instead of the percentages....it is more exacting in rating on the HCA.

Relative to price, $5114 seems a bit low. I found 3 diamonds on Pricescope....all H/SI1; all 1.21 cts; all similar cut proportions. One (ex-ex) was $5344; another (id-id) was $5930.....both of these had med blue fluor. The last one had no fluor and was priced at $7000.

Normally, this would make me suspect that the grading was off (perhaps of a lesser clarity than represented), but you've said it's GIA certed. I'd recommend checking 2 things....make sure upon receipt that the stone matches the cert, and pay particular attention to whether or not the stone appears eye-clean.....no visible clouds, inclusions, etc. If those are okay, then I'd say you got a FABULOUS deal.

Wazzu Cody

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for you advice. I feel that I am getting an exceptional deal but then again I have found that on-line diamonds are usually priced pretty close to what they should be. If the diamond shows up eye-clean, I have a feeling that I will be exstatic.

I will try to get the crown/pavillion angles instead of the percentages.

Your post is very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Wazzu

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results