shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions please; Antique elongated cushion 3c H vvs2

ariel144

Ideal_Rock

Any opinions would be appreciated. I have to add the price was only $2k!

I plan to set it in 14k rose gold. https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...pave-crown-diamond-engagement-ring-item-66396

Last edited:

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @ariel144, I’m not an expert, but I’m wondering about leakage at the north-south ends. Or maybe it’s obstruction from the camera? Do you have access to ASET images? Or an Idealscope?

Maybe @Karl_K or @DejaWiz or @Kim N can help?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Obstruction, I would need an ASET image to recommend it.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Appreciate your response, @Karl_K. I am still learning how to judge these large facets on videos.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Appreciate your response, @Karl_K. I am still learning how to judge these large facets on videos.
obstruction is dark, leakage is he color of the background around the diamonds pavilion.
This can get tricky with the videos were the diamond is sitting at an angle and spinning. One side has light hitting the pavilion directly. This is why its so important to be able to manually spin them and not just regular video.
Also particularly with step cuts facets touching the tray can impact how it returns light.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Hi @ariel144, I’m not an expert, but I’m wondering about leakage at the north-south ends. Or maybe it’s obstruction from the camera? Do you have access to ASET images? Or an Idealscope?

Maybe @Karl_K or @DejaWiz or @Kim N can help?

Yes, I agree, and am aware of that, but it kind of goes with this specific facet pattern. After viewing Rhino's custom cut elongated cushions, it is a problem with this specific cut...thus he does not provide ASETS on this specific facet pattern on his site. Thanks for your weighing in!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Obstruction, I would need an ASET image to recommend it.

Thank you Karl! Yes, that dark streak down the middle going N/S is obstruction. Not sure about the pavilion obstruction you are referring to except that long stripe goes into the pavilion as well. I have ordered this stone and another one to compare the two. I have a very low budget and this was one of the best I could find! I have an ASET scope so I will compare that as well. This facet pattern is prone to issues and extremely rare to find a great ASET IMO. In fact, I Couldn't even find an ASET of one of these on Rhino's site. Interesting. What I liked about this particular stone, after looking at many, was those broad belly facets always are flashing brightly. Also I never saw a culet that was "faceted". Not that that matters one whit. For educational purposes on these cuts:

Last edited:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
See my avatar ASET of my NEW old cut earth mined marquise/moval G VS1? I took that pic. and was like WOW... for a fancy cut! So planning on posting an ASET of this 3.02c H VVS2 as soon as I get it! Should be interesting!

Last edited:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Ok, Here is my ASET on this Antique Elongated cushion. Obviously I'm keeping it! ASET cushion #1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results