shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on your favorite dealer needed>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondDealHunter

Rough_Rock
With so many stones out there and so many dealers, I am going crazy. I wanna hear opinions on where to shop for the best quality and deal with the best policies and guarantees. Opinions can be from personal experience or experiences heard. Thanks

clapton

Rough_Rock
Good Old Gold.

Selection, service and plenty of information. I purchased a stone from them and they met all of my expectations.

Genglish

Rough_Rock
Check out my comment from earlier..if you want to save money and time....buy online, and buy at DCD.com!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everyone has their own favorites, and we didn't purchase online in the end though we did alot of research and were close to an online purchase, but my favorites are the ones that give you the most info up front and let you make your own decisions if possible.

www.diamondoptics.com has access to the virtcert.com engine and sells superbcert stones with H&A, brilliancescope, sarin, certification, etc reporting. very nice site.

www.goodoldgold.com which im sure you have heard about also reports on brilliancescope, sarin, certification, also does idealscope images, and extreme closeups of inclusions

www.niceice.com has a good selection as well and has very closeup images of the stones and inclusions, certification, but does not have brilliancescope. i think most stones have sarin or similar reports.

www.whiteflash.com has a great selection, but does not always have the right info you need. some stones have closeups of the stone and/or inclusions, no brilliancescopes, shows certification, some show sarins while some may not. but from what I have heard, leslie at whiteflash is very helpful so if you email her asking for more info, i am sure they will try to accomodate.

www.superbcert.com has branded stones, they also offer sarin/megascope reports, certification, HCA scores, brilliancescope reports and imagescope images with closeups of the stones.

also there is dirtcheapdiamonds.com, diamondbrokersofflorida.com, and diamondwholesale.cc all of which have an abundance of stones, but do not offer the same reporting features as some of the other sites. I had a hard time getting a picture of the stone even from DCD as for whatever reason they could not do it. However you can always email them if you find a stone to see if they have further information on a specific.

There are tons of places to buy from, but my favorites from a *general* perspective are those who give you more information up front rather than less. That way when you finally contact them, you are armed with more information rather than less, and can help make the final purchasing decison much easier on everyone.

Also not sure if I suggested this before, but make a spreadsheet with vendors and stones you are considering. Add in all the basics on the stones, the crown and pav angles, HCA score, even little things that may make a difference such as fluorescence, girdle, culet, and add in columns for shipping, return policy, box that the item comes in, etc. Do they have a trade-in policy, is this important to you? The list goes on.

Anyway I will stop babbling. Hope this helps somewhat. Good luck!

tyson

Rough_Rock
I have been spending a lot of time browsing through many vendors' websites, and pretty much agree with Mara
1.gif

From what I have seen, Goodoldgold, Diamondoptics, and Superbcert seem to provide the greatest amount of useful information for the customers, while Whiteflash and Diamondwholesale provide the least. I definitely feel most comfortable when given maximum amount of information available to me before making such a large purchase. Good luck with your search!

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wavey.gif
Your best bet is to check out different sites and compare to see who gives you the best deal for your money!
There are definatley advantages in buyibg over the net,many incentives,not paynig sales tax if out of state,return policies ,etc...
"shop and compare" is what I always say.

good luck
diamondsman
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results