shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this Tiffany diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MikeC

Rough_Rock
I found a Tiffany & Co diamond ring that I would like to buy and wanted some opinions on it. I know I can get much better diamond at a lower price but both my g-friend and myself love the original Tiffany setting. So do you guys and girls think this diamond will have a fair amount of brilliance and fire? Some Ideal-scope images would be great to see as well if anyone would like to help me out with that. Thanks, Mike
1.07 ct 6.56 6.63 X 4.11 VVS2 E
Depth 62.3
Table 55
Girdle Thin to medium/Faceted
Culet very small
Polish-good
symmetry-good

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The depth possibly looks a tad deep, but Tiffany supposedly only carries 'ideal' cut stones (though I've seen a few listed on eBay with tables of 60%..), so you are probably okay with a true Tiffany stone. Unfortunately the best way to get the DiamCalc scope simulations are with the crown and pavilion angles of the stone from a Sarin. Does your seller have this information?

Interesting that polish and symm are only good...would have thought Tiff stones would at least be VG?

Would get it independently appraised before purchase, as part of the sale. Is the seller local, will they allow this? Where did you find the deal...offline or through a friend etc? Is there a return policy if you are not satisfied? Be sure to get all the info!
1.gif

Good luck!!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Mara... Good/Good is OK for Tiffany...

Is it a Lazare Kaplan stone, right?? From what I know Tiffany uses to sell ideal makes, so you should be pretty safe... Does it have a GIA report?

Also, be sure it's original and bring it to the nearest Tiffany's...
1.gif

MikeC

Rough_Rock
Mara,
I have emailed the seller to request a Sarin report on the stone. I am not sure if they will provide me with one since they have to remove the stone from the setting to do it, right?
Mike

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Yes, you have to remove the stone... If they had a table gauge, they'd use it to measure all %'s without removing the stone...

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Yes, you have to remove the stone... If they had a table gauge, they'd use it to measure all %'s without removing the stone...

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I'm assuming this is a ring that's being re-sold, *not* from the Tiffany store? If so, I would think you wouldn't have to overpay anywhere nearly as much. If you need the Tiffany setting, then, I'd just snatch it up.

MikeC

Rough_Rock
Yes, it is a second-hand Tiffany.
These people must be crazy! They said they will sell it to me for $9500!! I know its a Tiffany but give me a break!!! They also said they would provide me with a sarin after I buy it. Why would I want it after I buy it. Guess the search is still on for my Tiffany ring. Let me know if you guys and girls see anything.
Mike

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
A new 1c Tiffany with those color/clarity specs would probably be $13k so the $9k is a deal over regular retail but you are right, still VERY overpriced. You can keep looking on eBay to see if you find anything, I have seen some legit Tiffany items re-sold after a broken engagement or similar pop up on eBay from time to time. It may be a lengthy search though, hope you are not in a hurry!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results