shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparky

Rough_Rock
Carat Wieght: 1.14
Cut: Signiture Princess
Color: D
Clarity: VVS2
Depth%: 66.0
Table%: 69
Sym: Very Good
Polish: Exellent
Girdle: Med. to S.Thick
Cutlet: None
Flouresence: None
Measurements: 5.96x5.76x3.80
Crown Height: 9.7%
Lengh/Width Ratio: 1.03
GIA and GCAL cert.
Cost: 9,287.00
I hope I did all my homework correctly on this one! This is all the info I have thus far on this stone, wondering how it sizes up to price and quality. Thanks in advance.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
For a very short time, we were sourcing some princess cuts from the same cutter who produces the signature collection princess cuts for Blue Nile and they were amongst the nicest princess cuts we've seen... Unfortunately Blue Nile convinced them to enter into an exclusive distribution agreement and we don't get to play with them anymore... The only thing we didn't like about them is that we would have liked to see the crown heights be more in the eleven percent range, but 9% is significantly higher than most of what you'll find in the market so the diamond should be better than most of the princess cuts you'll find... Unfortunately Blue Nile has an exclusive on the stones and thus they can set the price at whatever they want so you'll just have to bite the bullet because any "comps" will be irrellevent as far as they are concerned...

sparky

Rough_Rock
Interesting point indeed, let's assume it wasn't a Blue Nile and perhaps one of thier competitors, does everything look like it's in the ballpark? This also comes with laser inscription, which BN referes to be only seen with a 50X scope, is this saying that a 30X loupe and a good set of eyes won't pick it up?

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry Sparky, we should have been more clear... The diamond appears to be quite nice and we would expect it to exhibit a high degree of brilliance and dispersion based on the numbers and what we have seen of this cutter's production in the past... We imagine that the inscription would be visible with a 30x loupe as we are able to see most inscriptions using this power magnification - BN is probably indicating that the picture they are showing of the inscription was taken at 50x...

sparky

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the reply, I'll investigate a little further, and get an appraisal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results